Monday, November 5, 2007

oh the Floor.....

Okay....so I am publically apologizing for my excitement and stupidity all in one swipe. I got on a hardwood kick and decided that our nasty dog pee carpet had to go to reveal the beautiful hardwood underneath. I did some research (pulled the edges up) to find that it LOOKED good all around and would probably be the same throughout (Hello!) Sooooo WITH my husband's permission mind you, I decided to rip up the carpet during nap time. He did warn me however of the consequences and I believe the phrase, "do you know what you're getting yourself into" crossed his lips many times. But, with my stubborness and always wanting to do things RIGHT AWAY, I continued on my quest for beautiful hardwood floors. Much to my dismay (but not suprise) half way through the grueling tack strip ripping, I found a lovely 3x3 plywood square smack dab in the middle of the floor, along with tons of water damage and a few planks missing around the edges. "Great....my marriage is over" I thought. Not over, but after much barking between spouses, I realized I should have waited.
Now the fun begins.....The bad news.....I am soley responsible for sanding, stripping and re-finishing the floor with funds that I'm not sure how I will come up with. ( I heard online organ donation works) The good news....it's not THAT bad and can be done AND I'm still married.
Sooooo if you happen to read this and want to send a care package containing a belt sander, feel free!!! Lesson: Always listen to your husband (well, most of the time)

No comments: