Thursday, December 13, 2007

Girls have cooties

I've been trying to fight closing my eyes today! I've hit the point of no return with sleep deprevation. I think both boys know when mom wants to take a nap because the moment my head hits the pillow...someone cries. Brody was only up twice last night (much better than every two hours) and we got him some Pepcid for his GERD (gastro esophigial reflux disorder) and they also think he has ulcers in his esophagus (sorry, I can't spell) from the acid splashing back up. It's going to take a few weeks to heal, but hopefully this is the right combination of drugs. I hate putting my children on medicine, especially when they're this young, but he is obviously in pain and not sleeping because of it. I just want him to feel better.

Tonight is band night! Hooray for the nerdiness! Some people have bowling night or girls night....nope, I'm pure dork and have band night. My one night to get out, talk adult talk, put makeup on and play some music. No matter what kind of mood I'm in when I start, I always end up happy when I'm makin music....and banging on pots with spatulas this morning, does not constitute as making music (only to a two year old)

My wonderful friend Jen took Baylor this afternoon, I don't think she knows what she's in for :) But she has a younger daughter Grace, that Baylor likes tackeling or as he likes to call it "huggin" That's right Baylor, when you're in football someday...I don't think your coaches will appreciate you calling it, "huggin." You need to man up and call it what it is....tackeling! We've tried to tell him that wrestling and tackeling are just for fun and should only be done with daddy, but somehow he gets that confused with, "go ahead, knock that girl over" He's already started hugging the girls...we're gonna have to have a talk son. He just bats those baby blues and long eye lashes at them and they come a' runnin....but Baylor knows better, he just knocks them down. He doesn't know that he can't date until he's thirty and kissing makes babies :) Girls have cooties anyways.

p.s I want to apologize for my spelling. The only excuse I can come up with is that I'm an artist and I don't spell, I draw. I also don't follow directions well and that includes "proofreading" ....plus the "p" on the computer sticks because I spilled coffee on the keyboard!

2 comments:

Philip said...

LOL, I am an engineer and I can't spell. I think the rule of thumb is to say, "I am a _____" so I can't spell. I guess this work for anyone but a teacher maybe. Glad to see that Baylor is learning to control the female emotions. ;-) Hopefully he will learn a nicer way to do the same in the future.

Micidominici said...

GIRLS DO HAVE COOTIES I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!