Monday, December 31, 2007

Life's little laughs and letting God go first

Ha! Laughing makes you life longer did you know that? My day has already been filled with little and big laughs, I want to share them with you so that maybe you can laugh too.

1. After promptly downing my morning coffee, I was pleasantly suprised to find an army guy at the bottom of my cup and a two year old grinning from ear to ear across the room.

2. Baylor was finger painting this morning and decided it should no longer be finger painting, but hand clapping!!! If you can imagine a toddler face covered with blue, red and yellow finger paint splashes...priceless. I didn't yell, I grabbed the camera!!

3. I managed to burn my knuckle, cut my leg shaving and run into the corner of the bed all within five minutes of each other. (not so funny, but if you saw me you'd laugh)

4. After enjoying a long hot shower, I went to put on my new men's deoderant (trust me, it smells way better and works better too!) and looked at the name on it.... it was called "men's stick." Now that's a hoot, rubbing that under your arm every day :)

5. I went to sit down for my five minutes of computer time this afternoon and was going to grab the carrots and thought to myself....don't start that diet yet! Then grabbed two cookies instead...I love sugar!!! I have one more day until I TRY (key word being try) to give some of my sugar away.

6. Last night after Baylor's bath, I wrapped him in a towel and he went prancing into the other room where is very manly father was laying and proudly proclaimed that, " look dad, I'm a princess!" ha ha ha That will teach you to push manly things on your kid.

I'm sure there will be more giggles to come since the day isn't over, but these stuck out to me the most.
On a more serious spiritual note. I was reading My Utmost for His Highest this morning and it was of course the last entry in the book. It talked about how we have to let God go ahead of us! I want to leave you with a quote from the book and have a great New Year! let God go ahead of you.

" As we go forth into the coming year, let it not be in the haste of impetuous, unremembering delight, nor with the flight of impulsive thoughtlessness, but with the power that the God of Israel will GO BEFORE US. Our yesterday's present irreparable things to us; it is true that we have lost opportunities which will never return, but God can transform this desructive anxiety into constructive thoughtfullness for the future. Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ. Leave the irreparable past in His hands, and step out into the irresistible future with Him!"

No comments: