Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Snoring Monster

Baylor has this book called The Snoring Moster and I'm going to re-write the title to, Lonnie, The Snoring Moster. When we win the lottery and get to buy a bigger house with more than two bedrooms, I am almost positive that Lonnie will get his own room far far far away from anybody. This is not because he smells or I don't love him, it's because I do believe he resembles a freight train when he snores. It's not a dainty snort, it's a full blown eruption from the nose and the windows shake. I'm still in awe that both of my kids can sleep through this. If I were them, I'd wake up in shear terror of the sounds coming out of the bedroom! I've tried to gently shove him, when really what I want to do is beat him over the head. I've bought those crazy nose strip things, but he refuses to wear them because they "feel weird." Well, mister.....my sleep is way more important that "feeling weird." Yes, I'm being incredibly selfish, but when you have a baby that doesn't sleep, every second of shut eye is precious. Granted, I am a very light sleeper...someone can look at me and I sit up straight in bed. He's had a cold the last few days and I've banished him to the couch ( I can still hear him though...yes, it's that loud) I don't think this is God's way of punishing me, but it sure feels like it sometimes!!

3 comments:

Lonnie said...

I snore, I am man, hear me roar...
the snoring monster.

This post is blown WAY OUT OF proportion!!!

Lonnie said...

By the way...it has been 3 nights in a row on the couch.

Philip said...

LOL, I hear you Lonnie, I don't know that I snore, but I will pull for you anyway. My mom does though! Kim and I still snicker a little when we visit and she wakes us up through two closed doors. I guess some have the gift and some don't! :-)