Saturday, December 22, 2007

Things I've learned....

First of all, I want to apologize to my fans for any negativity and grumpiness that may have been sensed in the tone of my "writing" Not to make excuses, but traveling with kids is not one of my favorite activities and using humor and sarcasm is my way of dealing with stress.

We're on our last day here in Mt.Vernon, Illinois and it's been quite the adventure so far!! I've learned a lot of things while down here in mullet land (sorry guys, I had to get one mullet joke in!) and I wanted to share them with you.
1. When traveling with kids, bring lots of Tylenol PM, earplugs and Veggie Tales DVD's (and a spare wooden spoon or straight jacket)
2. I overpacked...BUT it's better to be overpacked then underpacked...I think.
3. We are so blessed as a family to even be able to take this trip, we got to rent a soccer mom car (still don't like minivan's but the space is pretty nice!) and we stayed at a hotel (yes, all in one room, but they did it in the old days, we can do it for a few nights)
4. Lonnie's family is so amazingly happy and generous it's wonderful. Many of them don't have a lot to give, but they give anyways and are always thoughtful with every gift they give.
5. No matter what happens, if the boys don't nap or don't sleep, it's not the end of the world (even though it sucks big time)
6. All family (mine included) is like fudge...sweet but sometimes has a few nuts :) and I mean that in the nicest most polite way possible
7. Never give a two year old cake before bed
8. The true reason we celebrate Christmas is not for the presents or the lights or the wrapping. It's to celebrate the birth of Christ! Who was brought into this world to be a sacrifice for all of us sinners. We need to celebrate his birth!

It's homeward bound tomorrow! Hopefully the dogs haven't destroyed the house :)

2 comments:

Philip said...

I thought a post dissapeard. I am also glad you four are having a good time. Maybe I should say had a good time. Hopefully your trip home was better than your trip there! We are down in TX now till the first week in Jan. See you then!

Keri Speidel said...

ummm yea, it did...long story...I'll tell you sometime.