Thursday, January 17, 2008

Confessions of an addict

Hello my name is Keri, and I'm addicted to moving furniture. My husband sometimes comes home to a completely rearranged house. I can't help it. I long for change and my creative juices get flowing and BAM! I rearrange the room. Yesterday I moved all the furniture in our room around...by myself. I like it, however I totally forgot that I had moved the rather large dresser to the other side of the room (by my side of the bed) and in the middle of the night when I stumbled to get Brody, I smashed my arm into it and then recoiled from the pain (silently screaming inside my head ) and then scraped my thigh on the now closer corner of the bed!!! It's okay, I only have a small contusion and large bruise to show for my addiction to furniture moving. Hey, when you can't afford to buy things to decorate your house, you have to spice it up a little with new arrangements.

Today is freaking cold. Lonnie and I have placed bets to see which day this week our kitchen sink pipes will freeze. It always happens and we end up washing dishes in the bathtub or bathroom sink...not cool. It wouldn't be the first time, since I'm the queen of multitasking, I often do dishes, clean the bathtub and brush my teeth all while showering. Since our house is over 100 years old, the pipes are hidden in a scary unreachable place. Baylor and I are enjoying a nice cup of hot cocoa with "smushmellows" (he's on cup #2...cup #1 went all over the kitchen table) Nothing like a little sugar in the afternoon to get the non napping little dude all riled up. On a happy note, it's band night!! We're having our annual meeting tonight, so no playing, just eating pizza, cake and sorting music....and there was much rejoicing...yea.

No comments: