Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Hawkeye Cauceye

Now I can finally put my phone back on the hook!!! Yesterday, I got SEVEN...yes, seven calls in the span of two hours from Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Ron Paul and the Republican National Committee. I love politics, but this was insane. I only got to speak to one real human and that ended quickly when they asked for an ungodly amount of money (sure, if you'd like to pay my college debt and groceries forever...I'd love to!) I am happy to say that it's caucus day here in the freezing state of Iowa. I hope all of you Iowans get your tushes out in this freakin cold weather and vote. It does matter and you can't complain unless you vote. I'll stop talking politics because I know some of you are already pissed because you found out I was an elephant :) Just go vote. We can still be friends.

I officially hate winter. I liked the snow, the ice was pretty (for like 2.4 seconds) but this dreadful cold stinks. I went to get the mail and my nostrils froze together and you can see your breath in our mudroom! I'm suprised that poor Baylor wasn't frozen to the wall this morning. We moved him into his "big boy" bed and he is up against the wall and since our house is over 100 years old, it's slightly drafty. Lonnie is on a mission to buy another space heater for his room. I've been trying to keep the heat low because of cost, but I broke down at turned it up to 65 (that's huge) and it feels like Florida in here :)

Stay warm!!

No comments: