Saturday, January 12, 2008

I love being a mommy

There are just some things in life that we could never get away with without children. For instance....coloring outside the lines with big crayons, crawling around on our hands and knees through gigantic broccoli slides at Mall play areas, wearing our pajamas until noon, having ice cream for lunch because we had a bad day and playdough!!! I'm sure we could get away with it, but we might not have many friends :) I love every single day of being a mom to my two boys. They are more than a blessing and I can't begin to tell you how much I love them. Of course there are moments that frustrating and trying, but that comes with anything! I'm learning as I go and parenting is a fine art. I love the fact they are too young to figure out how many mistakes I've already made, and love me no matter what. Just watching the joy in their faces when we play together or when they are hard at play makes me smile all over. I do complain and get frustrated, but so does everybody else (they just might not post it on a blog) I am entitled to a little vent here and there, but I want to make sure everyone knows that I consider myself truly blessed and amazingly happy. My humor is witty, sarcastic and hopefully funny, and I hope you all understand that I am joking most of the time :) I will not downplay the fact that some days I want to have a glass of wine for breakfast and then run and hide, but no matter how crappy the day goes, I can always look at my boys and I don't remembr why I'm pulling all of my hair out. They are the best gifts in the world, along with my husband who deserves a medal for putting up with me sometimes :)

Have a delightful weekend.

No comments: