Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm a princess

"Mom, I'm a boy and you're a PRINCESS!" were the wonderful words that were belted out of my two year old's mouth tonight as I gave him a bath. How true son, how true. I am a princess, don't ever forget it :) In fact, I should be wearing my tiara right now but I took it off to wash the floor. I went on to explain how we treat women and girls like princesses, we pull out chairs, hold doors, take their plates for them and always let them go first. I think he glazed over when I started talking chivalry, but we have to start somewhere. I refuse to believe that chivalry is dead, at least my sons will treat their future wives like princesses and of course...their mother!!

The snot is subsiding but coughing still lingers. Their colds didn't last nearly as long as I thought they would. Baylor had Ellie over to play this morning and they were hilarious. I wish I had as much energy as they have in their little toe. It was nonstop activity from the time she came until she left. Baylor is going over there to play tomorrow. I'm having so much fun with these boys, they make me laugh and smile everyday and staying home is worth all the loss of sleep, sneezed sweet potatoes in my hair and diaper explosions anyday.

Lonnie and I...well, I shouldn't say I, because I had nothing to do with it except a signature, got our taxes filed last night. We used the H&R block software and it was awesome. We are also getting Lonnie's cash value back on his life insurance policy that we changed. With that extra money we will be able to pay off almost all of our debt except the house and my student loan. Darn Cornell but praise God, HE IS GOOD. My friend Nicole got me this hilarious book called Haiku Mama, filled with true and silly haiku poems for moms...I leave you with a few.

Hands clenched, smile, subtle-
planning world domination,
or dreaming of boobs?

Sniffing newborn's head,
a primal urge takes over-
try not to eat him.

Outing compromised.
Small timeframe, much flatulence;
deja poo from babe.

AND MY FAVORITE TODAY:
O, lovely naptime.
You are better than birthdays
with the gifts you bring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right Keri-chivalry is not dead. Your brother treats me amazingly and I am loving it! Hoorah for being treated like a lady :)