Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Revenge of the packing peanuts...

Who knew that a box filled with packing peanuts and bubble wrap could entertain a two year old for about an hour? I'm never buying a new toy again...it's packing peanuts and bubble wrap for every birthday!! He spent all morning in the box aka "his cage" if only I could ship him to Aubudabi like Garfield did to Nermal :) Just kidding, I would never ship him away....only for an afternoon :) An old and very gracious friend sent me two space heaters for our cold house (and just in time for an Iowa blizzard) and they came in this great big box full of fun. They're great!!! No more lugging the one enormous space heater up and down the stairs and playing the game, "which room do we heat today?!" A major bonus...they are roatating which kept Brody enthrawled for a while too!! What a huge blessing.

Yesterday was gorgeous....a balmy 40 degrees...today.....windchill in the negatives...curse Iowa! I strapped Brody in the backpack and Baylor put on his fireman yellow rain boots in search of huge muddy puddles to splash in. We went on a wonderful glorious walk around a few blocks until Baylor was soaked to the bone in puddle water. We walked passed the firestation to see the firetrucks and even saw a train, major bonus. It gave me hope for spring, but that was squashed when I woke up to nasty snowy wind. The snow did melt yesterday enough for me to realize we have a backyard full of doggie bombs and when Baylor yelled, "ahhh dog poo!" out the window spotting numerous piles of joy in the backyard. Looks like we'll be pooper scoopering before we play back there. Off to do some abs of steel....more like abs of white jello.



2 comments:

Brigitte & Ben Johnson said...

Personally, I curse the packing peanuts. They stick to EVERYTHING. Isabella thinks they are almost as fun as her baby dolls.

PhilD said...

I must be honest! That looks fun to me to. I always get in trouble when I play with things that "make a mess." Then again, I tend to find them more often than I should. Now with Josiah I have an excuse. :-)