Monday, January 21, 2008

They grow too fast

It seems like yesterday when I brought Brody home from the hospital to meet his new brother and he was this tiny little monkey. I'm not being mean, the kid looked like a monkey...he had major hair on his back and arms and made screeching sounds that resembled chimps. Now, today he got up on his knees and lunged forward, trying his best to reach the toy I set just a hair out of arms reach. This kid is trying his best to keep up with his big brother and he wants to crawl so badly. Sometimes he just lays on his tummy (we call it tummy surfing) and flails his arms and legs wildly...if he gets going fast enough, I swear he gets some air time. He has grown so fast as I continue to savor each second I get to spend with him. A lot of Baylor's infancy was a blur to me because I was so tired, frustrated and didn't know what the heck I was doing half of the time. This time, I've got it down and the little things don't bother me. I've also learned a lot about the way I mother and the way Lonnie and I parent our boys. We aren't perfect, but what we choose for our boys is the best for them. We want to raise them to love the Lord more than anything. We take advice from people, but mostly with a grain of salt. We also give Baylor juice and cookies sometimes, let him fall on his face so he learns and let him cry once in a while. It's good for him. We also love the hugs, kisses and " I love you's" that we hear. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for hearing those words and being able to see Brody try to crawl for the first time. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with my boys and even if we have to eat PB&J a lot more than I'd like, it's worth it...they grow too fast!!!

No comments: