Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I NEED LICKER!

This is happy Baylor....
....mad Baylor....
....flirty Baylor....
..and sad Baylor...
...and surprised Baylor.....

All of these were taken this morning when Baylor announced he wanted to take a bath and "shave" like Daddy does. He used a pumice stone as his razor and even checked himself out in the mirror periodically...just like Daddy. It was quite entertaining, I sat on the floor and read while he bathed for over 45 minutes!

.....oh really? Me too.
Let me translate: Licker in toddler = Licorice

But it was quite amusing hearing Baylor running around yelling, "I NEED LICKER!" this morning. Hope the neighbors didn't hear, they've already questioned our letting him run nude in the backyard as a potty training method. Hey, he peed on a leaf.....it's a start and much better than my hard wood floors. Another funny Baylorism is when he wants to snuggle with you he says, "lets go snug on the couch." Ohhh so cute. I will snug with him any day, but he prefers to snug with his daddy.

So I've managed to catch the boys cold this time. It must have been all the snot flinging, boog picking and sneezing in my face that broke the camel's back. I have avoided all their other illnesses, but this one finally caught up with me. It's probably the lack of sleep, freaking cold weather and stress over 15 minute naps that did me in. I, however, take it like a.....uh, woman (notice I didn't say man...because the man in my house doesn't take it so well) Mom's don't get the day off or a sick day, we just have to plow through the day, the laundry and scraping petrified beans off the kitchen floor while trying not to drip snot everywhere. Brody is still snotty and I sneakily switched his nine month appointment to tomorrow so he doesn't have to go in twice (because I'm sure he has an ear infection) and I don't have to pay a co-pay!!! I'm so stealth ...okay,cheap maybe.

Oh how could I forget. To an insult to injury.....we're feeling the pinch with my tooth thing and now the dishwasher goes satanic on us. It goes into these three hour wash cycles and doesn't move past the rinse phase. I looked online today for dishwashers....definitely not in our budget. It's not a MUST but it sure is a sanity saver. I'd much rather spend time with my kids than wash dishes. We don't actually use it that much, but it's good for sanitizing nipples and bottles. Someone gave us this one so we lucked out. All the appliances seem to be growing horns and saying, "revolt!"

A friend "dropped" in this morning while her and her daughter were on a walk. She says, "you look nice...." in a very sarcastic tone. Hey, if you drop in unannounced you risk the scary Keri. I was unbathed, hair sticking out all over, still in my P.J's, major zit party on my face, looking mighty scary Keri. I usually don't subject people to that sort of torture, but there was nothing I could do. So if you ever want to stop by.....don't be scared, just call first.

3 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

I need licker too Baylor!

Looking to hit Omaha sometime after the 4th of July, or the 13th (my race date), so maybe I'll plan on a pit stop overnight in Iowa. I am pretty sure Nate and Baylor will be pure trouble though. Hmmm... could be fun!

Target has some great soap foam stuff made just for kids- it's like a $1.29 per can in the baby soap aisle. Great for sensory play, without worrying if it will get in their eyes and burn-although I like to use Daddy's shaving cream too because it smells so good! But, inevitably, Nate being Nate, winds up injured; even with foam. Grrrr....

:-) Enjoy your Wednesday. Warmer weather is coming! I think....

Miranda said...

Banging my head, here. I just got rid of a dishwasher for free to a good home. Ugh...I wish yours grew horns earlier!
I got a kick out of Baylor's photos. He is so animated!

Kim said...

We all need a little licker. Actually, I just polished off the end of the twizzlers last night...maybe some of us need to lay off the licker for awhile.