Thursday, April 24, 2008

The mama knows


Where did everybody go?

That's right. Never forget it. The mama knows. The daddy knows too...but only sometimes.
I KNOW Baylor has an ear infection. I can just tell. Call it maternal instinct, call it feminism (although I'd rather not) call it whatever, I just know. I don't even need to take him to the Dr...just give me the prescription over the phone!!!! I even have a sneaking suspicion that Brody has one too. Funny thing is (this always happens!) Lonnie is gone again this weekend for the Drake Relays. But this time there is little snot, but much crankiness and stuffy noses. Oh well, can't win em all. I knew that marrying a coach would be full of lonely weekends and long nights, but can I tell you how excited I am that track is almost over. We re-introduce ourselves to each other in June.
It's band night (sigh) and I'm home..(sniff sniff) I couldn't leave a stuffy kiddo with a fever with a sitter, the motherhood guilt would overtake me. I hate when my kids feel lousy, makes me feel lousy too. Major bonus though my mom came up bearing gifts (for the boys of course) and helped me bathe the stinkers and send them to bed(I wish it was that easy).....and I get to watch Grey's Anatomy! So naughty, full of premarital sex, lust and Patrick Dempsy...yum....wait, not the sex thing, just the Patrick Dempsy thing. Great, now I'm going to hell.
Rough night with Brody again. Not sure what's up..hoping it's ears...actually praying it's ears so I can at least blame something and get him some good antibiotics.
Alrighty, ice cream time.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

"and I get to watch Grey's Anatomy! So naughty, full of premarital sex, lust and Patrick Dempsy...yum....wait, not the sex thing, just the Patrick Dempsy thing. Great, now I'm going to hell."

Good Lord, girl! I am already in the hand basket with you.
On a more serious note, I'm sorry you missed Band Night and stuff. I hope the little men get better and the weekend goes well for you. Hugs!