Sunday, April 6, 2008

You need acceptance

YOU NEED ACCEPTANCE!!!

These were the words coming out of the very loud and automated computer lady at the self check-out at Wally world. Sure, don't we all need acceptance? Why do you have to yell so loud.....people are staring......hello?! All I want is the 2.10 bottle of spray paint....please stop yelling at me. Someone help. (my thoughts exactly) So after ten minutes of being faced with the fact that I too, need acceptance, I got out of there with my spray paint...and I was accepted!!!
I then gathered all of the quarters and dimes in the bottom of my purse and splurged for a $2.43 LARGE iced coffee at McDonald's. I was completely oblivious to the fact that 1. It was 2:30 in the afternoon 2. The large was really an enormous half gallon jug rather than a drinking cup. Bouncing off the walls was I....but I was alone and that was all that mattered. I really do love my kids but two weekends in a row alone with the boys really wears on you. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping for clothes. The positive is that I need new clothes because my summer stuff is too big (which translates into I'm smaller!....hooray) and it's new clothes! Negatives are I hate trying things on and looking in full length mirrors, I can never find jeans that fit because my nickname is stumpy and I'm considered a miss junior and they don't have that department. I think I'll just stick to Goodwill. I ended up with two plain t-shirts for a grand total of $11.35 (what a deal) and very cute.
It is great to have Lonnie home. I subconsciously always treat him with resentment and anger when he returns because I'm jealous that he got to leave and he left me here....with two boys...alone. I don't even know that I do it, but it's not good and he didn't do anything wrong, I just need a time out. So time out it is.....except I will be taking my time out in bed.

I think I'm going to start a support group for people who listen to car commercial songs and then rush to their computers to find out what that song was!!! I'll hear a song and Lonnie always turns to me and says, "you're going to download that now aren't you?" Why yes I am.

Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays. I don't do Mondays...well, I guess I have to huh? It's laundry, sheets, floors and upstairs bathroom on the agenda for tomorrow along with playing outside, reading my girlie magazine from the library and sunning my white toes. Hopefully Brody will take some good naps....but probably not.

1 comment:

Janice said...

oooh, I heard a song on the radio that I recognized as I think a car commercial, turns out it was an odd version of over the rainbow, and I liked it! No clue how to find it.