Friday, May 16, 2008

Baylor man strikes again

Oh he's such a boy....and a mighty crazy one at that. Let me set the scene for you......

Bright and early in the morning (six thirty to be exact) I'm getting my morning coffee. No one talks to me before the caffeine starts to kick in or you might lose an appendage. Got the coffee and sat down on the floor to play with cranky Brody man. Baylor was already playing outside in his P.J's and comes running into the living room. I'm not paying attention to him because he is off in Baylor land......running around, bouncing off sofa....wall....sofa....floor. I hear a little laugh...NO, wait....I hear an EVIL laugh and then he runs into the other room and hides. I know he's up to something but can't see any evidence of his mischief...UNTIL.....

I go to put the glorious coffee to my lips and happen to glance down...AT A WORM....IN MY COFFEE!!!!! Doing the back stroke in my wonderful hot cup of Joe. By this time Baylor is rolling on the ground laughing at me freak out over the worm. I don't mind worms, but the fact that he ruined a perfectly good cup of heaven made me a little cranky. It was pretty funny though. And this is just the beginning....

Later that day I hear this sucking sound and try to follow where it's coming from. Baylor is happily sitting at the kitchen table playing...sucking on a bottle...OF CHOCOLATE SYRUP. It's dripping down his face and he takes a swig of milk and then sucks on the chocolate and then says to me, "Look mom, chocolate milk." First of all, he has a good point...who needs a spoon to stir it up, it's much more fun this way. I guess he CAN open the fridge now. That is now Baylor's personal chocolate syrup bottle.

Finally, tonight when I was putting him in his car seat, he just started licking me.....up my arm, on my hand, then my face. I guess I tasted good. Strange kid. Funny, but strange.

So my wonderful friend took the boys today for a few hours. I'm pretty sure she is responsible for my sanity right about now. I was checking local listings for toddler curbside pickup when she called and offered to watch them. If I could hug her through the phone I would have. Anyways, I went to Menard's and picked up tiles and paint and began my mudroom project. I managed to paint an entire room...two coats...and the ceiling...in two hours. I've never painted so fast in my life because I knew I had a short window of opportunity before both boys were up. I finished the tiles tonight and as luck would have it....was one foot short of molding around the base..ONE FOOT!!! It only comes in twenty foot sections too.....poop on you. I'll hide it with a cabinet. It looks marvelous and much better than crappy dog peed on cement floor with icky walls. The dogs are no longer allowed in there without being in their crates. It's going to be a craft/garage/tool/art room. All in all I'm very pleased and I stuck to my budget.

It's been a crazy day and I'm beat. Tomorrow Lonnie is......HOME!!!!! Hooray. I'm doin a little jig right now in case you're wondering. I miss him so much and so does Baylor. I think I'm going to send them on some quality father son bonding time. I'm headed to Goodwill tomorrow for some shorts. I know you're all scared because you're thinking of my white veiny legs, but never fear...fake tanner is here. I'm perfecting the art of tanning lotion application so that I don't look 1. Oompa Loompaish 2. Zebra like or 3. Oompa zebra like. I'm getting pretty good at it except for around my ankles, it always looks funny. Oh well, can't win em all. I'm just glad to not be translucent. Ta ta for now.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Totally cant stop laughing about the worm, that is great!

Miranda said...

Oh my gosh. That is hilarious. Baylor, Baylor, Baylor....
I am also laughing at your oompa loompah look. I can't wait to catch a tan, too.

Kim said...

So this is what I have to look forward to, huh? Josiah still sees bugs and worms and screams 'ewwwww!' Not very manly, but neither are diapers.