Monday, May 19, 2008

Comfortably lived in

Clothes strewn about.....toys under foot....dishes in sink....this is what our house is most of the time. A friend told me that her house is "comfortably lived in" and I think, unless you're crazy psycho cleaner freak, your house can be comfortably lived in too! Throw in some children, a few dogs, a tired mama and a busy husband and you have comfortably lived in. Now, let me tell you that I may have some of that psycho cleaner mentioned in the above sentence, but I know when to draw the line. I have to stop from cleaning up while Baylor is still playing, but I've come to realize that at the end of the day the house (that was clean for like 2.3 seconds) is dirty again and we had some great fun messing it up. The dust can wait, but my kids don't. So here's to having a comfortably lived in house.

On to my next subject. Table manners and an almost three year old. True, he has the attention span of a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew, but I need to draw the line somewhere. He doesn't sit, he stands in his chair.....BUT when he sits he can't reach his plate. He does say please and thank you and excuse me BUT he also runs away from the table, doesn't eat and then asks for a "snack" about five minutes later. Lonnie and I are going to sit down and make a battle plan for this out of control little boy. I suggested duct tape, but that didn't go over so well. I know he's just two, but we have to work on this. We try to read him a bible verse in the morning and pray before each meal. He may not comprehend the meaning of the verse or what we're praying about, but at least we can start a good routine and habit for him.

Okay, watching the Bachelorette (and typing to you....love that multitasking..or maybe it's called ADD) I'm putting money down on Graham, the geeky science dude and the GQ dressed guy. I like the dude with greyish hair, what can I say, I'm a sucker for that sexy salt and pepper. Who do you like? There are some pretty interesting dudes and you can feel the competitive testosterone oozing from the t.v. Some of these guys need a serious haircut...I swear I just saw a mullet. A few of them can now add rejected on the bachelorette to their resume. Should make for a good season.

Did some blog upkeep today. Changed some colors, removed some old photos and changed my comments so that anyone can comment. Kind of freaked out by this, but I'm interested in what people have to say. I surely don't hold back and neither should you...okay, maybe just a little...I'm sensitive. Don't let this ultra tough but incredibly cute exterior fool you, I used to cry at the drop of a hat. USED TO. Now I can't remember the last time I cried..probably at a sappy commercial or t.v show or the thought of something happening to my kids or husband. That's what happens when you have kids, all sensitivity and emotion is sucked out of your....just like Baylor was (they had to use the Hoover on his poor little head....I'll spare you the details....just think pot roast and straw)

5 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

I love "comfortably lived in". Does that count for potty training urine all over the bathrooms (okay, I DO clorox wipe, but still...)

I don't think it's possible to teach boys table manners. I've been working on it for 5 years and have made minimal progress. Would love to know your battle plan, maybe it'll work for me too. Too bad the duct tape got shut down.
Sigh...sometimes husbands ruin all the fun!

;-p

Brigitte & Ben Johnson said...

Bella doesn't do the "sit down and eat" thing either. She usually eats one big meal a day and a few snacks at dinner time. She prefers to sit in her chair for 5 minutes and take bird bites. She then runs around the kitchen dancing for the remainder of the meal. It's amazing that she's growing at all! It drives us crazy.

Brigitte & Ben Johnson said...

Oh, and the dancing part usually entails her taking off all her clothes and watching herself dance naked in the reflection of the dishwasher machine. We're raising a wild child.

A&E said...

I picked Graham and the science nerd too!
I alos think the single dad seems really nice and kinda cute:) but she prolly wont pick him.

mirandam said...

I don't really have any people picked yet for the Bachelorette. I do think that Grahm seems nice, though. And the guy with the beard or whatever. The mullet man DOES cut his hair later in the show, though!
Table manners...this is one of those areas that I think you just have to start early on. We've always had the kids sit with us until everyone is finished, unless they ask to be excused. Only because that's the way I was raised and hate to be left alone eating my face off while everyone is off in their own worlds LOL