Thursday, May 22, 2008

Plumber's crack


Probably not the cleanest thing to be playing with eh? That was quickly swiped away by the mama and replaced with a broom...much safer. I love it how we spend mucho bucks (or garage sale bargains!) on toys that make noise, light up, twirl, roll, stick their tongues out and break into tiny pieces when all our children really want to play with is sticks, rocks and ....well, plungers. My personal favorite toy choice among my kids is boxes, especially the boxes that the toy you just purchased came in. What a thrill. For Baylor's birthday I will wrap up a large rock (stolen from a nicely landscaped yard I'm sure...just kidding, I don't advocate stealing in any way, shape or form) some bundled sicks and one large box. Voila! Instant pleasure and fun times.
So I'm home on band night. Baylor is still coughing a lot and I didn't want to risk a sitter and putting boys to bed together...I can barely do it on my own. Plus side is I get to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I decided that since I'm home, I might as well do it with a band. Bought me some new nail polish and bubble bath and brought the little t.v that gets one channel in the bathroom. Boys were in bed, I soaked in the tub and watched a little drama. Now I'm eating ice cream with my newly painted toes and enjoying every second. The days can get a little long with Lonnie gone, especially at bedtime. New nail polish helps though. Ta ta, more drama to watch.

3 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

I see nothing wrong with plungers...It helps the immune system!

MamaMiller said...

Ever read "Not A Box' or "Not a Stick" by Antoinette Portis? They are great kids books :) You should check them out.

Miranda said...

Oh, painted toes? Bubble bath? Drama? My favorite things! Haha!