Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flood photos



This is Parkview Church in Iowa City. This is near and dear to my heart because it is where Lonnie and I were married (and most of my friends) and the church I grew up in. It just makes me want to cry. I know it's only a building and a church is not the building...it's the people and congregation, but it still hurts to see such a beautiful place of worship be destroyed.


This is Mehaffey Bridge that goes over the Coralville reservoir. This bridge connects me to my parents!!!! This was taken before the water went over the bridge. My Grandpa Mort helped build that bridge over 70 years ago and I actually spray painted my name on the top during the last flood!!! Shhh don't tell mom. Looks like we won't be seeing my mom and dad for a long time :( I'm trying to get my parents to walk down and take some photos of the bridge now that the water is over the top.

I'll post more later.

No comments: