Tuesday, July 22, 2008

dog hair, sticky feet and utter chaos

It's been one of those days. I wake up after a long and painful night of screaming Brody (not quite sure what was ailing him, but he seems to be full of snot this morning) and trip over Larry, Bob and Junior (these are Veggies, not strange men in my house by the way) On my way down, catch a scary glimpse of myself in the mirror (gasp and then run away) Head straight for the coffee pot. I have a wonderful list of things to do (which Baylor has already drawn on and crumpled up) and only one of those things has gotten accomplished this morning. My house is in total disarray and feet are sticking to the floor. Do I want to mop...umm, nope. I'd rather stay in my P.J's and play on the dog hair covered floor with my two punks, one of which has just dripped snot all over me. Mmmmmm. Everyone is cranky, including me. It is far too early to have a glass of wine isn't it? You know I'm kidding, I would never advocate the use of alcohol to drown away sorrows and frustrations...however it might numb them for a while. I've had like 13 cups of coffee...okay, maybe only three, but it's enough to leave me shaking like a leaf. That and the fact that I can't remember if I ate lunch with the boys and think it only consisted of a handful of animal crackers and a bite of toasted cheese sand which. Man, that's why I'm so hungry!! Whoever brought those Doritos in the house is going to be in big trouble...ummmm, dear husband, you don't have to stare them down every time you walk in the kitchen. Okay, enough whining. I should be doing something more productive like trying to achieve my to-do list instead of blogging, but we all know which is more enjoyable.

Today in my quiet time, I'm reading through Ephesians. My verse today was: I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. ... The verse goes on to say how deep the father's love for us is, something that we can't even fathom. After feeling the love I have for my children, I can't even imagine how God feels about us. What a great feeling it must be. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Gosh...seems like we are feeling the same way today, slightly overwhelemd. I love your blog, it makes me feel like I'm normal and not some crazy out of control person! :)

Janice said...

I'll trade you my chaos for yours...hee hee hee. Make that dog hair long and blonde, that is the hair I find EVERYWHERE!!!! I cant beleive she still has some!