Friday, July 11, 2008

Doggone hot

Now who doesn't love 95 degree days with 75% dew points? That's what I'm talking about. You know, the days when you step outside and you "self shower" in sweat in 2.4 seconds, your hair goes from straight to curly in 5.6 seconds, you can wring you clothes out and breathing becomes oppressive. You haven't experienced summer until you come to Iowa in mid July. Humidity rocks. You know it's been a while since I talked about the weather, so here you go.

So I was working out yesterday morning at Cornell, enjoying my alone time and was reading this magazine article in some fitness magazine with a sickeningly perfect lady on the front. It had this entire weight/cardio workout using free weights. They had nice photos and descriptions of the workout and it was supposed to tone the body as well as give you a good cardio workout. It looked fun and I'm always up for a challenge, I get bored with running sometimes. First of all, I'm really glad no one was in there to watch me make a fool of myself trying to figure out what the "model" was doing. Oh dear Lord I looked silly but let me tell you...I can't sit down today. I have found new muscles that I never knew existed. Needless to say, getting a good workout triumphed over looking like a fool and being so amazingly sore. It might be a few days before I try that insanity again. I think I might reward my stupidity with chocolate :)

Brody man is almost a year...holy cow!! This year at this time I was bouncing on balls, running around the yard with Baylor, riding a bike...anything to try to get the little booger out. When Baylor was almost a year, he decided to boycott the morning nap. Looks like little bro is following in his footsteps. Not Cool. I haven't really thought about how I feel about this....well, actually I have and it involves a few naughty words so I'll spare you. I just hope he holds on to that nap for a few more months. I thought he would be walking by now, but he can crawl soooooooooo fast that walking just seems silly. He sits and then stands and then squats and then does this funny sumo stand but no walking. So here, my friends, is an example of what we call the "speed crawl" Enjoy and watch out, he might get you. OH yea...sorry it's the wrong way, I can't figure out how to flip it.


No comments: