Monday, July 7, 2008

Life is a highway

..I'm gonna ride it all night long....

Baylor: Lightening McQueen song again please (from the Movie Cars)
Me: okay
Baylor: Louder Please

Play. Repeat. Play. Repeat. Play. Repeat. You get my drift.
Apparently Baylor has found a new favorite song that we listened to over and over and over and over again on our way to an exciting adventure at the evil empire aka Wal-Mart. It was supposed to be "date" night for Lonnie and I but our sitter had to cancel. Our marvelous date was going to include quick bite to eat and then groceries. Instead it was shove food in the kids' faces as fast as we can so we can get to Wally world and back without interfering with bath time, bed time or the Bachelorette season finale and this is the longest run on sentence in the history of run on sentences and my English teacher would roll over in her grave...if she were dead which she's not...and I digress. Mission accomplished.
1. Groceries were gathered
2. Bath time was achieved...well, it was for Brody only and let me tell you why: POOP ON THE FLOOR. Yep. Take that kid's diaper off for 2.4 seconds and he shoots pee across the floor and then leaves a pile of doo on the welcome mat. Welcome to our house, here is our baby's poo. So he got a major scrub down...that is after he finished pooing in the tub. Then the tub got a major scrub down...but it was due for one soon anyways. Hooray for multitasking. Okay....
3. Groceries put away, dishes cleaned, Baylor in P.J's and Brody sleeping
4. Watched the very very end of Bachelorette and she picked the good guy!! Jesse the snowboarder. Even though he probably won't have a real job after his snowboarding, he was cute and funny and the real deal. Way to go Diana.
5. Got to use my new toothbrush in which I highly recommend. The Colgate 360. For that just left the dentist clean feeling.

We also bit the bullet and invested in a portable DVD player. I'm pretty sure we'll get major use out of it so it was a good investment. We also had to buy one of those digital converter boxes because we live in the stone age with no cable (I'm totally fine with this!) and bunny ears on the t.v. We are even redneck with tin foil on one of the bunny ears in hopes to add to our five channels. So when they switch to digital t.v, we'll be ready.

video

So here is a video of my darling son Brody. He's nuts. Here, he is trying to feed himself and then throws in his famous evil laugh....and yes, those are booze behind him....how do you think we get him to sleep at night? Crazy kid. Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Next time your sitter cancels CALL ME!!!!! The kids had Tae Kwon Do last night but darryl could have taken them.
I hate going to Wal-mart too but we can't afford to shop anywhere else, I wish we could!!

Jill said...

I love it! Okay...so I am not the only one living some crazy whirlwind life. That makes me feel better. I was explaining to my mom everything that I had to do on Monday night, but then realized that I sounded pretty lame considering I made plenty of time (3 hours in fact) to watch The Bachlorette finale. I feel much better now. I also agree, Jesse was a good pick.