Monday, July 28, 2008

Potty training boot camp


Yes, I'm talking about this dude. So cute. So innocent. So NOT potty trained and would rather relieve himself on the floor or a potted plant than in a large porcelain bowl. But who wouldn't? I need some major help. We've dubbed this week "no more diapers week" Woo hoo! First thing this morning the diaper came off and the big boy pants went on. There was kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth and I think I may have a black eye...BUT they finally stayed on. There has to be a better way. I think it's a battle of will now rather than a battle of "is he ready?" He is almost three, a genius and sly dog..he has to be ready!!!! I AM READY!!! So we tried five times to go potty this morning and he didn't even squeeze out one drop (not even a loud grunt like usual) We even went to the library and he didn't have an accident (which is great) He just kept holding it and holding it until he sat down for lunch and screamed, "I peeeeeeeed!" and then burst into tears. So I removed the wet bob the builder undies...poor bob....and put on fresh pants. I don't understand. I don't know what the heck I'm doing. Is it normal to want to pay someone to come potty train my child? He'll pee in his pants and not in the toilet....help!

Brody man. Screaming his lungs out as we speak. Refused his morning nap. Slept for 30 minutes this afternoon. Woke up three times last night. Anyone want to rent a baby? I am debating weather to take him to the Dr to check his ears, the last time he made me look like a fool when he had not a thing wrong with him. I cannot figure this child out. Actually I can't figure either of my children out? What's going on here? Sabotage I tell you. Everyone else and their dogs sleep and are even potty trained....and my children and dogs can't seem to figure it out. I am having a mommy moment of failure as we speak. It might be the Mt.Dew talking...hey, who brought this Mt.Dew and put it in my fridge? I do not need Mt.Dew. I do however, need massive amounts of chocolate. I seem to have misplaced my How to Raise, Care, Feed, Potty Train and not Kill your Child manual. Can I borrow someones?


Picking clover flowers just for mom...awww, how cute. Check out that sexy belly!!

A rare moment of brotherly love caught on camera.

4 comments:

SEG said...

i feel ya Keri!! My kids are using the potty but do not sleep great...and we are in a major nuk crisis as we speak...i misplaced my manual too...oh there it is, under the pile of Hershey's wrappers...

mirandam said...

I don't really think there are any tricks you haven't tried...it sounds to me like one of those things you just have to sit on and wait to hatch. He IS a smarty pants and knows what you want him to do, he's just apparently not on the same page. I know Shaw was 3 when he was trained, and many of the boys at the daycare center weren't ready until then either. It's frustrating! How does he work with apathy? That works a lot with Shaw. I pretend (emphasis on pretend) that I am fine with it and couldn't care less and then he's eager to please me. Anyways, good luck!!

Crazy Mom said...

Do you have a pair of the waffle weave undies? They're a bit thicker and hold more..um...accidents. I put the boys in them and as they got older and more behavioral than 'accidental' I'd make them sit in their mess for 5-10 minutes (depending on my aggravation level) and then help clean it up. It sounds mean, but they decided after a few times they really didn't like to sit in their mess, and it IS easier to go in the toilet than clean it up.

Plus, I totally bribed with m & m's. Chocolate works wonders...

Kim said...

Please take notes for those of us following in your footsteps so we'll know what works. As of this week Grace is big enough for the cloth diapers...2 in cloth diapers...my poor washing machine.