Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bring it on little man, bring it on

I was just sitting on the floor this morning watching them play...yes, play together. There was no hitting and punching or biting (at least for the time being) and they were within inches of each other and no bodily harm was done. Could this be a miracle of God? A sovereign act of holiness from the Almighty? Yes, I think it could quite possibly be.

...and then WHAM!

Punches flew. Brody was down...but wait....he started fighting back.

I'm not really an advocate of violence but in this instance I was fighting for the underdog.

GO BRODY GO. Kick his butt!!!

If you could see all the stinky little things his big brother has done to him including eyeball poking, arm biting, food slinging and sand throwing, you'd be a Brody cheerleader too. I knew this day would come where Brody could take no more pain and suffering and would try his darndest to beat upon his older brother. I guess I didn't think it would be so soon. Seeing a one year old try to bite a three year old had to be one of the most amusing things I've seen in a while. Go Brody go.

Speaking of miracles. Baylor slept until eight this morning and Brody slept until NINE!!!!! Holy cow folks, this is a BIG record. I think they're recovering from all of the lost sleep on the trip, but I will take this any day. I actually got up before them, made coffee, read my bible and ate a little oatmeal IN PEACE and QUIET. Today is a good day!!!

No comments: