Friday, August 29, 2008

Flashback Friday: Baylor turns three!


One of my favorite photos of all time. Lonnie's first gaze on his newborn son.

First week home from the hospital. I look like I know what I'm doing but inside I'm having a panic attack...where did I put that manual?!!!

All nice and pretty and comfortable and swollen....just wait 24+ hours of labor to go....woo hoo!

Here is the cute little dude himself. Most newborns are slightly alien, but he actually looks like a baby.

Ummm, nurse? How do you hook this car seat up?

Ah, love at first sight and smell. Got to love new baby smell...it ranks right up there above new car smell. They should create a car air freshener that hangs on your mirror "new baby" I'd buy it.

Sporting the Hawkeye gear and I do believe he has a small smile on his face. I'd be smiling too!


Well...on Sunday, but who knows what crazy poo flinging adventures this weekend might bring! I may be cleaning poo off the wall or books or comforters :) So I thought I'd enlighten you with some photos from three years ago...holy cow, he's three already!? Where has the time gone? This once tiny alien who came into the world after long LONG hours of labor is growing up into a cute little boy...a cute little poo flinger. He is sitting on my lap right now looking at the photos with me. "mom, that's me when I was borned?" "was I small?" "I was cute?" Yes, yes and only when you weren't crying.
I looked calm, I pulled off the "sure, I know what I'm doing" act for a little bit and then I could fool no one any longer. What a difference three years can make. He's still alive, he's ALMOST potty trained (minus a few poo flinging episodes) and he is amazing and I love him more than anything!

Stay tuned for more on the birthday boy saga: episode three........

4 comments:

Jill Kapfer said...

I had forgotten what a darling baby he was. So tiny...so cute. What wonderful memories!

the Broffitts said...

what a cutie. I'm looking forward to having flashback picture of Sylvia up when she gets older.

the Broffitts said...

P.S. I love your new background. I'm thinking of stealing it.

MamaMiller said...

So thanks for the tears tonight, compliments of the video up top. Man are we blessed to have such healthy wonderful boys! Good to see you guys today.