Tuesday, September 30, 2008
TEN MINUTES LATER: wailing, screaming and lots of tears as the "dead" bee, lovingly named Billy, stung Baylor in the thumb.
I SWEAR IT WAS DEAD!!!!
You can now add this to the list of things that almost killed, maimed or injured my child. Other things on the list include licking outlets, standing naked in a wet slippery wagon, touching hot space heater and poking sharp objects in eyeball. I am a good mom, I swear.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Today....okay, so everyday I feel like I'm on a sick cycle carousel. The cleaning never stops, the cooking meals never stops (you have to feed them you know) the laundry, organizing, volunteering, barbering, chauffeuring, and just being a mom never stops. I love every second of it, don't get me wrong. Wouldn't trade going to work for anything....actually I might give up a limb just so I could stay home like I am now. I am just sooooooo tired of moving....always doing something, always cleaning......my head is spinning just thinking about it. Living in a house with three boys (yes, three) and two dogs does not help either. The second I get one room semi clean, I turn around and BAM! Two cyclones named Baylor and Brody have reeked havoc on another room. This is life, I have come to accept....kind of. I am not sure what kind of personality I have...I am slightly anal but slightly a wild child. I love organization but don't mind a little dirt. I crave structure and schedules but I am pretty laid back. I'm a planner but don't freak out when I get thrown a curve ball....okay, maybe just a little. I'm a leader but love being behind the scenes.....weirdo, I know. I need to step back and enjoy more things like my children and my husband (who I know feels a little left out sometimes) The second the boys go down for their nap, I run around the house like a mad woman trying to clean as much as possible and finish projects and blog of course :) I cannot sit down for more than 3 minutes at a time, as soon as I sit down, I think of something that needs to be done and say, "why are you sitting down woman, ______ needs to be done pronto!!" You know the verse, Be still and know that I am God? I know you're God, but Lord I can't sit still!!!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
PICK UP THE PHONE.
OPEN YOUR MOUTH.
USE COMPLETE SENTENCES! OMG!!
I know it may seem like a foreign concept, especially coming from a woman who hates talking on the phone, but seriously?! What is our world coming to. I say laziness is taking control and our means of communication is getting more impersonal as we speak. Whatever happened to a good old fashioned love letter? Instead we have, Do U want me 2 call U? I need a dictionary to simply translate the texting verbage! No wonder out kids are fat and stupid, marriages fail and why John Doe's cousin's sister's uncle's roommate is leaving his boyfriend. It's called communication.
Don't even get me started on "texting while driving" Teenagers can barely drive while driving let alone use 9 keys to figure out who their secret crush is?!!! I have to admit that I have texted a total of THREE times in my life and I it took so long to figure out where those darn letters were on the keypad that I think I have grandchildren now. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but holding a simple conversation with someone always brightens my day, unless of course they are at my door trying to collect money.
How are our children supposed to learn how to write correctly (thank God for spellcheck!) speak eloquently and with respect to others if all they do is text? I hate to break it to you but your future employer isn't going to think highly when your only letter of recommendation comes from IDK my BFF Homer?
My kids are not getting phones. They can use smoke signals or a loud gong.
Just something that's been on my mind.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Look mom, war paint.
He is so LONNIE's child.
Finally finished my music chair. Our handyman helped cut the seat and I finished the decoupage. Not sure where it's going to go, but I saved the chair's life none the less.
I'm instituting a new Friday fun time. Flashback Friday is great (if you have a scanner that works...and mine is Satan) sooooooo it's Friday 15 until then. What is Friday 15 you ask? 15 questions picked at random that I will answer for you because I know you are waiting on pins and needles to hear the answers....and once again, who doesn't love talking about themselves :) Feel free to copy the questions and answer them yourself! I'd love to see the answers. Here we go, hold on to your undies.
1. I can't live without.......my family, caffeine, chocolate and paper towels.
2. I hate the smell of........wet peanut butter (seriously) and vomit.
3. My favorite hour of the day is.......after the boys are in bed! (and the early evening when the sun goes down)
4. If I could have dinner with three people dead or alive they would be.....Jesus of course, My Grandpa Koser and Bach.
5. If on death row, my last meal would be.....mashed potatoes, steak (medium rare) french fries, mozzarella sticks, chocolate mousse cake, did I say mashed potatoes?
6. My favorite nail polish color is....nothing like a sexy deep red.
7. My favorite smell is..........new baby, new car, dryer sheets, lavender soap and fresh baked pie.
8. If I won the lottery I would.......pay off all of our debt, pay off the mortgage, save for retirement, save for boys college, help someone else, give to the church and buy a claw foot bathtub...in my new house :)
9. If I could be reborn into any time period it would be......Victorian. Love the dresses and properness but not the bathing once a year thing.
10. The first thing I thought this morning was........Whose children are those and why are they crying? Man, I have to pee!
11. My dream date would be.........wake up after sleeping in, go get coffee and pastries, Lonnie would spend the day the way he wanted and I would be pampered with a massage, hair and nails and shopping of course, we would meet up for a fancy dinner where I got to dress up all girlie like, we'd go to a Cardinals game and then stay up late and watch t.v without worrying what time the kids would wake us up in the morning!
12. I relax by.....heavy sedation. Just kidding. Baths....long, hot and lots of candles. Prayer....lots of it.
13. My dream car would be.....Jeep wrangler...bright red, soft top, stick shift. Ah, the memories.
14. My dream room would be.....the bathroom...complete with a claw foot bathtub, big window and double shower.
15. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing......a cubs shirt....no really, blue is not my color...OR skinny jeans...I'm just not into spending 15 minutes trying to get into sausage casing.
There you go folks. More completely random and useless information about me. Hope you enjoyed! Have a great weekend.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
SNOT UPDATE: Brody seems to be doing better, he is still full of snot but breathing better and has only had one nebulizer treatment today. Baylor is still pretty congested but played in the dirt for about an hour this morning all by himself. Just like his mom, a big loner :) Hopefully we'll stay healthy for a complete week before inviting a new and exciting virus into our homes. Remember, I don't do puke....
And now I must do a little jig because it's band night...hooray.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Brody, if I EVER catch you in a similar pose like this when you're in college with illegal paraphernalia....you're dead meat.
Wet kid+wet freshly mowed grass=hose down outside instead of bath
So I told you about our "turn of the century" costumes that we have to wear for certain brass band concerts. Here is my school teacher/librarian get up. Don't worry, we also wear polo shirt and nice button down shirts.....these crazy duds are for the home concerts....yee haw.
Yea, Macey...sometimes I feel like that too
We got a new train table (thanks Sarah...I owe you $10!) that has a great drawer underneath to stash all sorts of random trains, planes and automobiles.....but Brody thinks it's a great place to climb into....naked of course.
Here is another pose that will haunt me later :) He actually is enjoying his nebulizer treatments because 1. He gets to stick something in his mouth that he's supposed to 2. It makes him feel better....and when I mean better, I mean WIRED!!!! (and he can breathe again) 3. Cool vapor comes out the top and it's fun to play with it. Oh yea, that's a sticker on his head that Baylor gave him this morning...how sweet. If only they made these for adults....wait, those are called bongs I think....never mind, I am not endorsing illegal drug use by any means!!! It's been a long morning already......
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Baylor was up from 1am to 5am in bed with me.....tossing, turning, talking, playing and asking me to blow his nose. Not cool. He too has a nasty cold, but I'm sure he'll survive. His ear tubes have fallen out so I'm sure this will be followed by a nice round of ear infections as well. Isn't the cold and flu season supposed to start in November? Maybe we'll get all of this junk out of the way before the winter. The funny part is we don't go anywhere and they're not in day care..... so when Jesus said love you enemies.....our enemies seem to lie in the Church nursery in the form of germs! I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to love them.....and there shall be NO finger pointing or blaming anyone...that's just rude. Everyone has germs!
Monday, September 22, 2008
"what do you need Baylor"
"I need you to show me your happy face"
Uh, okay. *smiles a big ole cheesy smile*
"Thanks. You just need to be happy, are you happy now?"
"Yes, I'm happy now."
That is exactly what I needed today son. I need to put my happy face on instead of my grumpy annoyed with wiping snot and doing laundry face. Leave it to a three year old to move mountains. This certain three year old which resides in our house talks to God at night. He goes outside in the dark and says he's "talkin to God" every night. I sneaked up on him tonight and listened out the window and was completely bowled over by what I heard.
"Hi God. How are you? I love you so much. I'm sorry for not obeying. Okay, bye."
From the mouth of babes.
SNOT UPDATE: (grossness disclaimer...avoid this if you cringe at the mention of bodily fluids)
Tis the season for snot. I hate cold and flu and strange childhood illness season. Just when you think it's safe to go out.....the snot runneth over. It was a rough night with Brody. Poor little dude was so stuffed up he couldn't breathe and when he woke up he had boogers plastered all over his little face....even in his eyebrows (so hard not to laugh when you kid looks like that!) He also caught hand, foot and mouth virus from the church nursery again....and you're only supposed to get this once...but of course on rare occasions you can get it twice.....I guess we're rare. It wasn't as bad this time, he only had a few sores inside of his mouth and on his feet with no fever, but was incredibly clingy. Baylor has steered clear of this junk for now, but bodily fluids are often swapped around here (snot smearing, sloppy smooches and poo flinging) so we'll see. Time to bust out the antibacterial wipes, bleach and germ-x baby!!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
I do have some concert clips from my mom....sorry about the big head in the way on a few of them, she's a midget like me.
Bugler's Holiday, Leroy Anderson
I'm on the end in the sexy school teacher outfit. Think turn on the century....or farmers from 1800. Someday I'll explain the reason for the costumes, just not today.
This was an amazing piece, set up in three cornet choirs with a hymn heard throughout. This is just the end clip, you need to hear the entire piece to get the goose bumps.
MacArther Park, just the end...sorry. Enjoy!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
We're having our first of three subscription series concerts at the Mt.Vernon Middle school at 7:30. I know you're sick of me pestering you all about it, but it's going to be great as always AND it features the cornet section (that would be the instrument I play) So you should go.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Scary isn't it.
Yea, I was thinking about going with this hairstyle soon...
Hello Aqua Net.
Okay, I think I had my hair like this at one point...no laughing
My personal fave
DO IT. Great fun.
2. Diamonds or pearls? I prefer chains...just kidding. Only my wedding ring for me please...full of lots of diamonds.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy (yes, naughty I know, but who doesn't want to stare at Patrick Dempsy in scrubs?) and Lost.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? A trough of coffee
6. What is your middle name? Esmerelda. What? No. Lynn
7. What food do you dislike? Watermelon, Green Peppers, Venison
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? The Dark Knight Soundtrack, Hans Zimmer
9. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Carolla named Bessie
10. Favorite sandwich? Chicken Salad on Croissant from Panera OR Jimmy John's #1 baby
11. What characteristic do you despise? Thinking your poo don't smell and that you know everything
12. Favorite item of clothing? nothing! Who needs clothes. A great pair of jeans that makes your hiney look just right.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? A Cardinals game...wait, that was my honeymoon.....somewhere warm and secluded and then Ireland.
14. Are you an organized person? my middle name, after Esmerelda.
15. Where would you retire to? Wherever my wonderful husband who is actually saving for HIS retirement wants...but artists and mom's don't retire do they?
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? I got a massage last year from Lonnie...not actually performed by him, but a gift certificate.
20. When is your birthday? January 24, 1981 (I like large bills, chocolate and caffeine )
21. What is your shoe size? 7
23. Pets? Chloe and Macey, two extremely hairy loud but lovable beagles, Swimmy the fish.
24. Any new and exciting news? I shaved my legs yesterday.
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A vet, a Dr. and a mommy
26. How are you today? Still very very sore from my fall into the flowerbed but pretty darn good considering.
27. What is your favorite flower? Lilacs
28. What are you listening to right now? Life is a Highway, Joe Crocker and both boys are dancing....priceless!!
29. What was the last thing you ate? a handful of candy corn
30. What day on the calendar you are looking forward to? First weekend in Nov. US Open Brass Band Championships in St.Charles, IL. First weekend ALONE.....without children....whoa.
31. Do you wish on stars? Nope, but I sure do think God did an amazing job creating them.
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Aquamarine
33. How is the weather right now? Pretty darn good. 73 and sunny
34 Last person you spoke to on the phone? My hubby, telling him that Brody has hand,foot and mouth...AGAIN!!!!
35. Favorite soft drink? Dr.Pepper, Diet Coke, Root Beer...is beer a soft drink?
36. Favorite restaurant? Jimmy Johns
37. Hair color? gets darker with each child
38. What was your favorite toy as a child? My dollhouse that my mom made me, My Little Ponies and Barbies
39. Summer or Winter? FALL
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? What kind of question is this! Chocolate is one of my food groups.
42. Coffee or tea? Once again, coffee..food group. Although I do enjoy a spot of tea on a cloudy day.
45. What is under your bed? The boogie man, baby clothes, suitcases, the dogs hiding
46. What did you do last night? Went to AWANA and did games....woo hoo
47. What are you afraid of? Snakes, drains, telephone calls to strangers, my children not loving the Lord
48. Salty or sweet? sweet TEETH, not just tooth
49. How many keys on your key ring? 2
50. How many years at your current job? Domestic Goddess and stay at home mom....three years but who's counting
51. Favorite day of the week? Thursday is band night! and of course Saturday when Lonnie is actually home.
52. Do you make friends easily? Sure if they don't smell funny.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Painting the porch windows yesterday I discovered that stepping on to a certain barrel full of flowers that looked firm....was certainly not. In fact, it was rotten and I proceeded to fall through the barrel...the barrel fell backwards and wanting to protect my precious can of flat white house paint, I tried to catch myself with my left arm, avoiding the pointy flag and sharp rocks. Soooooo laying in the yard with my bottom half scraped and bruised and in a barrel (seriously, am I on candid camera?) upper half spread out and covered with paint (however I did manage to save most of the paint!) I laid in the yard waiting for a car to pass by and yell, "hey, are you okay" or "hey stupid, that barrel is rotten!!!" but they did not so I was safe from all people passing by. I managed to escape without a broken bone or skull fracture but ended up with a majorly sore right arm (in which I cannot raise above my head or even lift a hair brush) and some sexy bruises on the legs along with some scratched from nails. I will live. My pride however is a little bruised. I'm sure you would have laughed if you saw me, because I would have laughed if I could watch me...BUT, I am not laughing now. I am popping Advil and praying the neighbors didn't have their windows open.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Is this making anyone else dizzy?
Now comes the hard part....the public part. Why is it that every time we are around other adults one of my children has to throw a tantrum, decided to rearrange their entire alphabetized DVD collection or stick 16 tiny scraps of colored paper into their mouth at the same time? I think this little radar goes off in their brain that says, ding ding ding, now is the time to misbehave and embarrass your mother beyond belief. It's time to pull out all the stops, cry, whine, fling poo or anything else that comes to mind. and this is why we don't go out in public......
But this of course, would never ever happen to me....because my children are perfectly behaved!!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Brody is really starting to get his own personality and amazing hair. That's right, his hair is so thick and wavy and just plain great. He will be the envy of all the boys and girls will want to run their fingers through his hair. Of course it will be his wife whom I have specifically chosen for him and she will have to endure a 987 question questionnaire just to go on one date with him....anyways...I digress. So he is speaking a little more and says a few words like: shoe (zschu) cheese (scheeze) dog (du) woof (wo wo) uh oh (uh uh oh) meow (meeeeeew) and he is signing more and please, but instead of rubbing his hand on his chest (which is please) he rubs it on my leg or my chest. I love the signing because it helps with the whole, "I can't tell you what I want so I will throw myself on the floor in a puddle of scream" issue and is a great transition into speaking more clearly. Baylor signed until he could talk, which was pretty early and then he just wouldn't shut his mouth :) I think Brody, as most second born kids do, will be a little delayed in the speaking. Baylor likes to take it amongst himself to talk for him. I'll say, "Brody, say dog" and Baylor will yell from across the room,, "DOG!" Is your name Brody? Umm, no. It's okay, I used to talk for my little brother until I went to preschool. He hadn't said more than two words when one morning when I was gone he walked up to the refrigerator door, pounded on it and said, "I want bacon and eggs!" Apparently since three year olds are mind readers too, I had been telling my mom he wanted Rice Crispies every morning for breakfast. He was pretty fed up with that cereal :)
Today is a busy day...it shouldn't be...it's SUNDAY!!! Here is what I have to do today:
1. I have to copy the scores for all of our brass band pieces in multiple, blow them up to 8x10, three hole punch them, put them in a binder and number every other measure. I have to do this at Cornell because they have fast copy machines.
2. Finish the Mt.Laundrymore
3. Finish the dishes that keep breeding in my sink
4. Prime the enormous piece of Masonite for the traveling mural project in which I have been elected to paint....gee thanks band.
5. Think about what to have for dinner
6. Pick up...for the 35th time
7. Put laundry away if it gets finished
8. Make a dessert for our bible study
9. Do my bible study lesson in which I have put off until the last second
10. GO to bible study
11. Have our handy man come look at our leaking tub that leaked through the first floor on to the wood floor last night and is now going to cost us a lot of money in which we do not have.
12. Pray about the tub that is broken and hope that we can win the lottery without playing the lottery
13. Eat something...did I have lunch? can't remember...must not have...I'm starving!!
Okay, done whining for now. I just wish I could forget everything and take a nap...which would never happen in a million years. I like to stay busy, but not on Sunday. Wish me luck!!
Friday, September 12, 2008
I turned around for two seconds and Brody decides to do Lord of the Dance on the table....not cool kid.
Poor Macy, still cute though.
These boys love their dogs.
No brody, you can't fit in the basket.
Did I mention how much I hate WET FREAKIN SAND!!!!
Move over Martha, here I come. Here's the pie. It was awesome...still have some left!!! The crust worked even though I bailed on the french pasty...stuck with a nice buttery flakey one.
And this my friends, is what happens when you marry a track coach. This isn't even all of the running shoes....sad, I know. BUT they were free, what can we say.
More shoes dad? He knows what's important in life.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
So I love baking. Okay, so I really love baking and anything that involves sweet things. I'm not to shabby at it but I'm always up for a baking challenge. I learned when I was in a body cast (yes, body cast) for a spinal fusion (fancy word for back surgery) for six month (yes, six months...that's another story). Since I couldn't go outside and play or run around, my mom gave me a stack of cook books, an apron and full use of the kitchen. I also gained a great appreciate for art because cooking and art were basically all that I could do for that awful time stuck in stinky plaster. She gave me some instruction but I taught a lot of it to myself and have fallen in love with baking and cooking ever since. Baking however, is my speciality and probably the reason behind my cavities. I have been banned from baking in our house because a certain someone who shall remain nameless is watching his...oops, I mean their weight. Today I broke the rules. I made ginger snaps this morning for a friend that was coming over and I am attempting Martha Stewart's apple pie. I ain't no Martha, but I'd like to be (minus the whole scandal jail deal and I'm not a fan of her anchorwoman hair, but that's beside the point) So during nap time I will attempt the pate brisee and see how it turns out.
I'm not a big fan of name calling, but booger face could be a lot worse. In fact, we have been calling Baylor captain booger face just for fun....and now we're hitting ourselves over the head. You see, last night was our first night at AWANA. AWANA is a church group for kids that focuses on bible memory verses, growing in the word, they play games (I'm helping with games this year) and just learning to be part of a church. They decided to let 3 year olds be part of Cubbies this year (um, yea....Cubbies!? Why not lambs or chickens....Cubbies?!! The name of the hated blue and red baseball team...grrrrrr....sorry Cubbie fans) So we thought we had Baylor all stoked up to go until we pulled in the church parking lot and he turned into that marvelous ball of toddler mush. He was definitely the youngest there, and so I did a lot of praying!!! To make a long story short, they had to bring him to me during game time, in tears....why?! Because he called someone BOOGER FACE!!!! They were following through with their threat (to go get mommy if he wouldn't stop) and I really appreciate that. We had a little chat about name calling and then again at breakfast we said that booger face wasn't nice....so on and so forth. I think he'll do a little better with the whole structured learning thing next week now that he knows what to expect! We're super excited to have him start memorizing bible verses...this week's verse is
God loved us and sent his son....1 John 4:10
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Why yes that is a dinosaur that Lonnie is snuggling up to. Baylor decided that 4:30am was a spectacular time to come poke us in the eyeballs. We disagree. Lonnie got up and slept with him in his tiny little bed until 6:45 and then drug him downstairs. Baylor insisted on hitting him over the head with T-Rex so Lonnie confiscated him and must have drifted off to sleep. This has never happened before while being in charge of one or more children.......*cough cough* But this is why I love him.
Heck yes, can I get an AMEN!!! This is what I read before I snatched this book up in high hopes of a clear instruction manual for my strong willed little son. It is from Ginger Plowman's, Don't Make Me Count to Three. I love it. Okay, so I'm only on the second chapter but it's great. It talks about the focus of discipline being the heart and how to use the scriptures as the outline for our discipline. I'm just waiting to get to the HERE IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN....chapter.
As women, we are challenged to be the Proverbs 31 wife, woman and mama. Speaking with faithful instruction and wisdom. Ummm, okay if you count reminding Baylor not to pee on the floor faithful instruction, I'm certainly on my way! It also says that the child will raise and call you blessed. How about raise and call me stupid or a booger face! I know it will take some time and patience but I'm hoping to gain some advice and encouragement. Sometimes I feel like I'm in elementary school writing on the blackboard.....
I am not a bad mother.
I am a good mother.
I discipline the right way.
I am doing a good job.
I have a nice butt.
I feed my children healthy meals and snacks.
I am a good mother.
I am doing a good job.
Anyone else feel this way?
I'll let you know how it goes.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
It's rainy and gloomy here, but it's a great day to stay inside and accomplish absolutely nothing. I feel like Mt.Laundrymore never ends. I just put away laundry from last week and BAM! there are four more loads waiting for me!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!! How can three males make so much laundry? I recycle jeans so I am not to blame for the laundry situation....I'm at the bottom of the dirty laundry producing totem pole. See, we could solve this problem with nekkid days...we'll just make sure we shut all of our blinds!!!
Friday, September 5, 2008
But I'm pretty sure I would rather it be in the toilet than on my bed ever again. Looks like I will be doing laundry tonight, just what I was hoping to do on a Friday night.
I inherited a beautiful antique cedar trunk from Grandma Koser, but it was in pretty rough shape. It needs some major TLC and stripping of the old varnish and stain. The wood underneath is gorgeous and if I can get through the layers of nasty, it will be pretty. You know me, can't wait to start a new project and it has to be done the second I think of it. Soooo, I threw the kiddos in good old Bessie and ran to Menards where I did not "save big money." I bought some "magic" stripper (believe me, it has done NO magic so far, only created toxic sludge) and some fancy stripping tools (which I will need 15 more at the rate I'm going) I'm not quite sure what I got myself into but half of the trunk is now slimy green ooze that can't possibly be good for anyone or anything. I have a pounding headache from fumes and my hands are tingling because of the latex in the rubber gloves. Hmmmmmm. I can hear Lonnie laughing now. I am going to do a good job and stick it out, it may take many many bottles of oozing stripper, but I'll finish it!!! STRIPPING SUCKS.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
This, a rare moment of brotherly love, ended in Brody crashing to the floor. Oh well, they had their moment.
Who are you and what have you done with my mother!!!!
The look on poor Gracie Dean's face says it all. Baylor on the other hand is beside himself and asked for a sister. Don't get any ideas sweet cheeks.
Baylor with his favorite Berkley.
Looking older everyday. Couldn't even pry those stinkin trains out of his hands to go down the slide!!!
Today was about 30 degrees cooler than yesterday and fall was in the air. My favorite season by far and you know how I like making lists so here are my reasons why fall rocks my socks off:
1. Goodbye humidity, hello crisp breezy afternoons with the windows open.
2. An excuse to drink hot liquids (more coffee, tea, chocolate, chai) at all hours of the day.
3. Football baby (okay, and cross country and soccer) but football baby!
4. Changing leaves, love the fall colors...especially the bright orange and red fallin on the green grass.
5. Back to School...I know, I know I don't have kids in school but I get excited just looking at the new backpacks, glue sticks and pretty boxes of crayons (I am however dreading purchasing these in a few years)
6. Stews, Chili and busting out my crock pot. Nothing like a nice bowl of beef stew with bread.
7. Baking! Apple pies, pumpkin bread...mmmmmmm (note to self, do not write post when starving)
8. Jeans. I would wear them all the time if I could. I still need a few new pairs but all in good time. Nothing like the perfect pair that hugs your tushie just right.
9. Hoodies and slippers.
10. Running and seeing your breath.
11. Fires (I would have one if I had a fireplace...it's nice to dream)
12. Halloween (yes it's the "devil's" holiday but I still get excited about it)
13. Long pants=and excuse not to shave for a while
14. New fall t.v shows. I don't watch that much, but my favorites are starting up again.
16. Sleeping with the windows open and the air off.
17. Footie PJ's on the boys. I love watching them slide and skid across the floor....until they hit something sharp.
18. The smell of fall in the air. Crisp and clean.
19. Did I mention baking?
20. Warm quilts on the bed and couch.
21. Thanksgiving....yet another excuse to eat mashed potatoes!
I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. I'm sure it will get back to 80 next week so I'd better stop dreaming :)
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I think the birthday high has worn off, however Baylor is still in love with his trains. He also got some cool construction equipment and that is his second choice when the trains need to rest. He told us on Sunday that, " Mom and Dad, I'm so happy today." We're so blessed to have great friends and relatives that helped make Baylor's (and Brody's) birthday great.
I haven't showered today...just in case you were curious. 1. It's so humid out 1.5 I'm being lazy 2. I like the crazy hair look...whoa, speaking of crazy hair. Hello mullet. I have one. Trying to grow my hair out and it's DRIVING ME BONKERS. I have this weird long in the back stranger layer won't do anything do. BONKERS I tell you. Why does growing your hair out have to be such a painful process. It ranks right up there with ingrown toenails and scrubbing the bathtub after a kid pooed in it.
Here is Baylor and Brody squirting their dad with the hose yesterday. Kind of a last hurrah to summer. I LOVE fall. My favorite season of all...can't wait!!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Smile you're three!!!
Blowing out his candles.
This has to be one of the best photos of Brody ever.....
Playing with his new train set...we had to pry it out of his little hands at bedtime.
This morning with his future wife at the Lisbon Fireman's breakfast...which also was a milk and egg flinging disaster...I'll indulge more later
Ta da! The cake. Pretty cool....ummm, not that edible, but cool. He loved it.
We worked sooo hard on the three fingers thing...it's hard to get those three fingers to work together!!!
...and opening presents.