Sunday, September 21, 2008

Concert clips..you should have been there

Only a small sampling of our amazing concert last night. I'll give you all a huge, "you should have been there" because the music can only truly be appreciated live in person. If you are a musician and play in a large group, you can relate to the moment of adhesion. The moment when the whole ensemble just clicks and everything sounds amazing. We had a few of those adhesion moments last night. Just like when you get goose bumps when you hear that perfect chord. We truly are a family that shares a passion for brass music. It's hard to explain to people who haven't grown up with music or don't share the love....I am married to one, he loves music just not the kind I play, which is just fine. So the concert was a success and now it's on the bigger and better things as we prepare for the US Open Brass Band Championships.

I do have some concert clips from my mom....sorry about the big head in the way on a few of them, she's a midget like me.
videoBugler's Holiday, Leroy Anderson

I'm on the end in the sexy school teacher outfit. Think turn on the century....or farmers from 1800. Someday I'll explain the reason for the costumes, just not today.

video

This was an amazing piece, set up in three cornet choirs with a hymn heard throughout. This is just the end clip, you need to hear the entire piece to get the goose bumps.

video

MacArther Park, just the end...sorry. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Andrea G. said...

WOW! That first piece was especially amazing!

the Broffitts said...

Wierd Al wrote a song to the tune of that last one. Don't know if you really wanted to know that or not. I'm glad you're still playing. I think I'm going to pull my cello out when we move back home. I miss being a musician.

Jill Kapfer said...

I enjoyed the clips...I really miss band. Not sure that anyone would let me in their band these days...someday I'll have to break out the flute and find someone who will let me join their group! :)

eibbtoddb said...

Thanks for posting the clips Keri! As far as I know, they are the only recording snippets we have from that wonderful concert. You should post the Bugler's Holiday clip on YouTube and give it the title - Eastern Iowa Brass Band - Buglers Holiday.

If you don't already have a YouTube account, you can sign-up for free.

Thanks again for posting!
~Todd