Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Don't get any ideas...


This, a rare moment of brotherly love, ended in Brody crashing to the floor. Oh well, they had their moment.

Who are you and what have you done with my mother!!!!
The look on poor Gracie Dean's face says it all. Baylor on the other hand is beside himself and asked for a sister. Don't get any ideas sweet cheeks.


Baylor with his favorite Berkley.

Looking older everyday. Couldn't even pry those stinkin trains out of his hands to go down the slide!!!

Today was about 30 degrees cooler than yesterday and fall was in the air. My favorite season by far and you know how I like making lists so here are my reasons why fall rocks my socks off:
1. Goodbye humidity, hello crisp breezy afternoons with the windows open.
2. An excuse to drink hot liquids (more coffee, tea, chocolate, chai) at all hours of the day.
3. Football baby (okay, and cross country and soccer) but football baby!
4. Changing leaves, love the fall colors...especially the bright orange and red fallin on the green grass.
5. Back to School...I know, I know I don't have kids in school but I get excited just looking at the new backpacks, glue sticks and pretty boxes of crayons (I am however dreading purchasing these in a few years)
6. Stews, Chili and busting out my crock pot. Nothing like a nice bowl of beef stew with bread.
7. Baking! Apple pies, pumpkin bread...mmmmmmm (note to self, do not write post when starving)
8. Jeans. I would wear them all the time if I could. I still need a few new pairs but all in good time. Nothing like the perfect pair that hugs your tushie just right.
9. Hoodies and slippers.
10. Running and seeing your breath.
11. Fires (I would have one if I had a fireplace...it's nice to dream)
12. Halloween (yes it's the "devil's" holiday but I still get excited about it)
13. Long pants=and excuse not to shave for a while
14. New fall t.v shows. I don't watch that much, but my favorites are starting up again.
15. Mums.
16. Sleeping with the windows open and the air off.
17. Footie PJ's on the boys. I love watching them slide and skid across the floor....until they hit something sharp.
18. The smell of fall in the air. Crisp and clean.
19. Did I mention baking?
20. Warm quilts on the bed and couch.
21. Thanksgiving....yet another excuse to eat mashed potatoes!

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. I'm sure it will get back to 80 next week so I'd better stop dreaming :)

3 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Cute picture! I'm sure Baylor would take good care of a little sister...unless she tried to mess with his trains. As for the fall thing, I'm totally not with you. I like it, but I can never completely forget that's it's really just the start of the horrible, ugly, nasty winter. I live for flip flops and tan toes!

Brigitte & Ben Johnson said...

I love fall, too! It stinks that the apple orchard won't be opening this year. :-(