Monday, September 29, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends

Nothing says "I feel your motherly stressed out pain, " like chocolate and iced coffee from friends. What would I do without them....them, being two of my mommy pals who brought me the "goods" last night and not a minute too late. I now blame my expanding waist line on them, but I still love them. Thanks Amy and Kim for using your motherly radar and bringing me unhealthy but oh so delicious things when I needed it! You made my day. Nothing like being stuck at home without a car and two snotty cranky children, fun times. I hope I can repay the favor someday soon.

Today....okay, so everyday I feel like I'm on a sick cycle carousel. The cleaning never stops, the cooking meals never stops (you have to feed them you know) the laundry, organizing, volunteering, barbering, chauffeuring, and just being a mom never stops. I love every second of it, don't get me wrong. Wouldn't trade going to work for anything....actually I might give up a limb just so I could stay home like I am now. I am just sooooooo tired of moving....always doing something, always cleaning......my head is spinning just thinking about it. Living in a house with three boys (yes, three) and two dogs does not help either. The second I get one room semi clean, I turn around and BAM! Two cyclones named Baylor and Brody have reeked havoc on another room. This is life, I have come to accept....kind of. I am not sure what kind of personality I have...I am slightly anal but slightly a wild child. I love organization but don't mind a little dirt. I crave structure and schedules but I am pretty laid back. I'm a planner but don't freak out when I get thrown a curve ball....okay, maybe just a little. I'm a leader but love being behind the scenes.....weirdo, I know. I need to step back and enjoy more things like my children and my husband (who I know feels a little left out sometimes) The second the boys go down for their nap, I run around the house like a mad woman trying to clean as much as possible and finish projects and blog of course :) I cannot sit down for more than 3 minutes at a time, as soon as I sit down, I think of something that needs to be done and say, "why are you sitting down woman, ______ needs to be done pronto!!" You know the verse, Be still and know that I am God? I know you're God, but Lord I can't sit still!!!

3 comments:

Laura Omundson said...

Ker. That last blog is like exactally how i feel and i didn't know how to describe it. Especially the part about being organized but laid back and liking clean but being ok with a little dirt! I totally get that. Also the dress was black even though i like brown better. Can't wait to see you in 5 weeks!

Jill Kapfer said...

Ah...I am so relieved that I am not the only one who feels this way.

Kim said...

Amen.