Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sure, it's dead...you can touch it

Is what I told Baylor at lunchtime after smashing a bee in our kitchen......

TEN MINUTES LATER: wailing, screaming and lots of tears as the "dead" bee, lovingly named Billy, stung Baylor in the thumb.

I SWEAR IT WAS DEAD!!!!

You can now add this to the list of things that almost killed, maimed or injured my child. Other things on the list include licking outlets, standing naked in a wet slippery wagon, touching hot space heater and poking sharp objects in eyeball. I am a good mom, I swear.

4 comments:

Kim said...

It must be something in the water (maybe our insects became mutants in the flood sludge). I killed a cricket a couple weeks ago and threw it away...where it stayed dead until 2 days later and then some how resurrected. All bugs must now be flushed to assure deadity.

Janice said...

Ewwwww, I agree with the burial by flushing. If it makes you feel any better, Sunday I was trying to get out of our row at Church and the coffee travel mug that was in the diaper bag made the bag swing and it hit Jarrett right above the eyebrow. Must have hurt b/c the first thing he asked was if it was bleeding. That made me feel great, oh and yes, everyone was sitting then, so it had to have been seen by all.

Andrea G. said...

At least you know he isn't allergic to bees now! :)

Crazy Mom said...

I was stung by a dead bee once. I tried to clean it out of my windowsill. It hurt!