Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Barking up a tree...


Fun times with shaving cream. Cheap, easy, fun and a great alternative to hair gel. Love the cross eyes Brody man.



videoSo I look out my window this morning and see two dogs going crazy at one of our lilac bushes. Then I see a little boy jumping up and down and venture out to see what all the fuss is about. When I open the door, hear "ruff ruff ruff ruff woof woof woof grrrrrr" and see Baylor, along with the dogs, barking at a squirrel that has climbed up in the tree. Check it out, it's hilarious.

Bedtime has become such a struggle with Baylor. He was a horrible sleeper as a baby and toddler and we thought he FINALLY grew out of his bad sleeping habits....but we were wrong. He has been throwing major crying fits at bedtime (which wakes up his little brother and then we have two screaming children) Once we get him to bed he insists on a story and then "go get (fill in the blank)" along with more crying. He then wakes up at night around midnight crying for someone to get him and we run in there because we don't want him to wake little bro. Let me correct that....I run in there and get him, Lonnie doesn't remember a thing. What is it with men and sleeping like rocks. If someone looks cross eyed at me, I sit straight up in bed. Just when we think one kid is getting it, the other one starts some weird sleeping jags. I know a lot of you are going through rough patches and sleep issues with your kiddos and I feel your pain. When I was going through a multitude of issues with Baylor and his sleeping, I was reminded that I was clinging to sleep and it was becoming a threshold for me. I was almost making it my idol, because if I didn't get it, I would be so upset. I was being selfish about my sleep. Now, I love sleeping and I NEED sleep...a good eight hours baby, so when a kid takes that away from me, it's hard not to hold a grudge secretly in my brain. I've learned to live off of little sleep and give the issues up to God. I know that someday I will get sleep again and right now my kids need me. Someday they won't need me and will want me to drop them off a block from school. So when I'm crawling over Lonnie in the middle of the night and squeezing myself into a bed with Pooh, Bob the tomato and Larry the cucumber and my little Baylor, I have to remind myself of the most wonderful words in the world.


THIS TOO SHALL PASS.


2 comments:

Kim said...

You are much braver than I am...I'm not ready to let Josiah go nuts with shaving cream in the house. It looks like fun though.
Wish I had words of wisdom about sleeping. Josiah spoiled us...Grace isn't quite as easy. I think it's time to adjust her napping schedule again.

Andrea G. said...

We used shaving cream im kindergarten classes in my ed classes for a fun way to work on the ABCs... the kids LOVED learning their letters that way. I am so sorry to hear about Baylor. It is SO HARD when you don't want the ohter one to wake up! I feel you on the husband sleeping thing too... we love you though hubbies!