Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hiking amongst hunters


Seriously Baylor, I said say "cheese" not look like a gigantic cheese ball.....

"What do you mean I can't mow through this chain link fence?"

Muha ha ha ha

Oh yea baby, kiss me right there

She's drying her nails in the sun.....

Heading to the trail....sporting old man shirt again.

Yes, he is standing on a cliff.....# 143 ways my child almost died.....standing on edge of cliff.

Staring each other down to see who can last the longest.

Yea, they're holding hands....totally posed though and it lasted two seconds.

Pointing at the geese....showing us his cowboy jeans.



Apparently it's open bow season here in Iowa....and dressing your child in "natural" looking clothing probably isn't the smartest idea in the world. Now, I'm not a big hunter....I wish I was, but no one in our family has taken up the hobby. I like meat.....and no, it's not murder....if it is...it's tasty tasty murder...poo, what was I talking about? Oh yea. I took the boys for a hike today at the Pal (Palisades Park) in Mt.Vernon. It was a gorgeous morning, we packed a snack and put on our grubbies and headed to the trails. We had a blast until I see several bow toting camo wearing adolescents. Ummm, hey boys..let's go this way into daylight and jump around a little waving your arms. Lots of fun, wore the boys out and the actually took good naps this afternoon.....which doesn't happen. Looks like we will be hiking EVERY SINGLE day until it snows. I had forgotten how much I loved being outside and hiking. I used to do it all the time and rock climb too (yes, I was even president of the mountaineering club in college....I told you I was a dork) It felt so good to let the boys get dirty with no fences and nothing but clean air and trees....oh yea, and the occasional hunter.

1 comment:

the Broffitts said...

That looks like so much fun. Maybe the boys will go on an Expeditions trip sometime.