Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Excuse me, is that your child screaming

Why yes, yes it is. Screaming and doing his favorite trick of melting into a pile of mush. It's really a fun trick, I wish I could just pretend I had no bones or use of appendages and fall into a pile too. Of course, I would choose to do this fun trick in bed or maybe somewhere soft NOT the checkout line at Dollar General. Baylor on the other hand, chose to do his fun trick at exactly that precise spot. Anyone within 100 yards had their eyes on us, the checkout lady, the grandma across the store and the milk man...no, really the milkman was there delivering milk. All because I was being a good mom...I was giving him tough love...I was following through on a threat of taking away little plastic one dollar cow if he talked back. And he did. He talked back....so away went little cow, back to the shelf....and then all hell broke loose. I'm taking this little store meltdown as a sign from God that our baby making needs to wait a little...and I'm okay with that!!! The nice lady in front of us, just turned and smiled and said.."I understand, I have five boys..." and at that moment, I wanted to leap from behind my cart and hug her....but I restrained. Five boys and she's still alive...wow. I can do this....

Yesterday we had David and Elizabeth and their mommy Andrea come up to visit us. We went to school together and our kids are about six months apart. Baylor had a blast sharing his trains and David was in train heaven! Brody thought it might be fun to throw blocks at Elizabeth's head, so we put a stop to that one. Baylor also informed us that he wants a sister. Well son, after your Emmy award winning performance today, lets put that thought on hold.

I'm watching He-Man right now...do you remember that show? With Sorcerer and Man or Arms and his tiger Thundercat (wait, it's battlecat..thanks Janice!) and that flying dude Orco? I watched it all the time with my brother and I thought it was cool, but it's even better now that I'm all grown up. It magically appeared in our mailbox today :) Baylor is enthrawled....enamered...in his own little world....hey, whatever works. I just need a moment.

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

We had a great time! Thanks for letting us come! And we will be praying for wisdom in you decision about another little blessing! I do believe God is big enough to take care of all the money, car, new life issues with a little one if you do decide He has another arrow for you, but at the same time I don't think that means you have to have another! Pray for contentment either way!

Janice said...

He Man SWEET, we used to watch that all the time with my little brother. Not to be snide, but it is Battlecat, The Thundercats was a whole 'nother cartoon :) My little brother was totally in love with that show, I think it totally took a dive when they brought SheRa on board.

the Broffitts said...

I wish we could have joined you.