Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Photo of the day


Now really, how can you resist a man in a suit? I can't, I get weak in the knees. I have a feeling I will be beating the ladies off with sticks! If everything goes according to planned, my boys will be chivalrous gentlemen that no woman can resist....but they'll have to go through me first :) No really. I've already made a 245 point questionnaire for any future suitors...can suitors be women? Just go with me on this one. Anyways, I just pray for their future wives...wives meaning ONE a piece...I'm not down with polygamy folks. I pray that they find a wonderful woman who loves the Lord and wants to honor them and respect them too. It frightens me to see how many women these days refuse to respect their husbands. I have fallen off that wagon a few times but always get back on and try my hardest to honor and respect Lonnie...and I will admit it's a hard thing for me. These women have had feminism rubbed in their faces and believe that they are equal or superior to men. If God would have wanted us to rule, he would have made us first and said, men obey your wives...but not so much. Now I'm not talking about the give your husband a foot rub when he comes home when you meet him at the door with sexy clothes and a hot toddy, although I'm sure no man would say no to that. Might be a nice treat once in a while. I'm talking about the kind of respect that is paid back with love. It's a great full circle, we give them respect, they give us love. (Echerichs, Love and Respect..great book!) I encourage you to try the respect challenge for a week. Try try try your hardest to do everything with respect weather it be in the tone you answer (or actually letting him talk) the way you react, listen or agree with his decisions. It's tough, but I guarantee you will see a HUGE result. So really all I wanted to do was show that that cute photo of my son in a suit and you got a sermon today...suprise! Grain of salt my friends, grain of salt.

Make sure to thank your local Vetrans today for serving our country!!!

4 comments:

Andrea G. said...

He looks VERY nice in the suit! It was a favorite of mine of David's! This year I am thinking about making him wear his tux for christmas pictures with his sister, but it might be over doing it :)

Crazy Mom said...

I think the respect thing too, is an indication of maturity, whether of the people involved in the relationship, or the relationship itself.

That being said, I think Brody and Maddie may make an interesting pair.....

She can hold her own, but loves her brothers more than anything.
Hmmmmm...

Kim said...

Ok, have you ever tried to make those turtles? I did last year and it was such a mess! I still have nightmares of sticky caramel everywhere.

Crazy Mom said...

And by respect being a maturity issue, I probably should have elaborated that on a very personal level, my level of respect for my hubby has changed and matured over the past 15 years we've been together. You have definitely given me some food for thought on this one...
:-)