Monday, November 10, 2008

When the cat is away, the mice will play


This is what happens when you leave the pepper on the table for Baylor to experiment with. I'm really glad I wasn't there to clean that one up...way to go dad for grabbing the camera!!


...hmmmm I don't remember buying that ice cream cone at the store last time?


The first "snow" Baylor runs to the window, looks at me and proclaims, "MOM! I need my coat, boots and hat and of course the shovel, I need to shovel the walk!!!" Unfortunately the snow didn't stick but he just earned himself a new job this winter.

Brody's new favorite spot, right by his big brother.


I had an amazing time in Chicago (St.Charles) with my brass band. We took home third place, which is a HUGE accomplishment for us and we couldn't be happier. I got to finally meet my cyber friend Jen, who I believe was a member of my family in another life....she treated me to lunch and we cruised the mall, fun times. It was great being alone, but I missed my family so much. I didn't think I would, but all I wanted to do was get home to them. I got to see Lonnie for about three hours and then he was off again for recruiting...grrrrr. The life of a coach....

I came home to a CLEAN house (woo hoo!) and cranky kids (could have put money on that one) Lonnie did an amazing job with the boys and keeping the house in order. He even did the laundry...he's so much better at laundry than I am! I think he needs that job :) Everyone was alive, in one piece and Lonnie looked exhausted....and I got what my ears have been aching for "I don't know how you do it." Amen. I was a little amused at the items that entered our house. Two bags of chips, ice cream cones and two movies from the video store. All the fun happens when I'm gone huh? I'm looking forward to my next weekend away, but hopefully with my husband!!!

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

David was looking at blogs with me and he saw all the pictures of Baylor and he said... "mom, I want to go to their house someday. Okay mom?" Monday and Friday afternoon are my "free" afternoons even though they always seem to fill up somehow! We will have to make a drive over there :) David needs more boys in his life! Although, I have no idea where Mt. Vernon or the direction to head even!

Jill Kapfer said...

I want to come too! You guys look like you're always having so much fun. I think I'm too uptight! By the way, your table and chairs look awesome!

Crazy Mom said...

Definitely a long lost cousin or something in a former life...

Lunch was my pleasure. Nice to troll the outdoor mall with no agenda! Thanks again for the company.