Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Womanizer

Let this be a lesson to all of you mom's out there who listen to lots of music in the car or at home....
THEY
ARE
LISTENING!!!!!
Sooooo I love music. I love upbeat dance music and often don't pay attention to the words because it's got a good beat to run or workout to. Now, I'm slightly embarrassed by this, but I really liked the new Britney Spears song Womanizer because it was upbeat...NOT because I think she's a good role model. Don't judge please, I really am sane. Point being said, I downloaded it and put it on a cd for my car. I usually have the kid's music in the car when we travel because it keeps them occupied for a while. We were running errands yesterday and I forgot to take out my upbeat funky dance cd and it was playing the car....and good Ole' Britney was blaring away when I turned on the radio. I quickly turned if off but Baylor freaked out..."mom! I like that song..." Okay....he can't possibly know what they're saying.....turned it back up. Drove around, did errands...blah blah blah. That night, I was getting the boys ready for bed when all of a sudden I hear out of the bedroom, "womanizer, womanizer, wo wo womanizer I'm a womanizer....wo wo womanizer"

OH.
MY.
GOSH.

Did that just come out of my three year olds mouth? Sure did. I asked him what he just said (which just fueled his fire) and he sang the song to me again with a huge boy grin on his face Crap. What have I done. We had the chat and found a new song to sing that did not involve Britney or clearly inappropriate lyrics for a three year old to be singing. So with that being said, I will be so much more careful about what I'm listening to either at home or in the car because they are listening!!! (weather we like it or not!)

3 comments:

Janice said...

Ooooh I've been bit in the hiney with that one before, fortunately not a raunchy song, just not wholesome music! Mine was a sweet little 3 year old girl in Kohls singing Ozzy Osbornes Crazy Train. Yeah that was embarassing, but I do love the beat to that song! Ever REALLY listened to the words from most music from the 70's and 80's?, whew, that is some nasty stuff, I was shocked when I actually listened to the words of a few favs, some I cant listen to b/c the song is about something that really touches a nerve and I dont want to go there. I hadnt realized how naughty they were! PLus I cant beleive as a kid I would have sung some of them and my parents didnt realize it either! Come on, I loved the Beastie Boys and that is TRASH! :)

Crazy Mom said...

Jack knows EVERY word to Paradise City. Oh, take me down to the Paradise city where the GRASS is green and the girls are pretty.

I have his father to thank.

Sigh...

Jill Kapfer said...

Today we got into the car and there was a Pink song on the radio. I don't know what it's called, but I really like it. Abbie goes: "Mommy, it's the na-na-na-na song!"