Wednesday, December 17, 2008

and I quote, "Little House on the Prairie Women never went anywhere..."


Well, you're right. On rare occasion they hopped in their covered wagon and headed into town to buy some flour and calico fabric for their sexy dresses. I mean, just look at the look on her face...it says it all. "Oh Pa, I just love living in the middle of nowhere...is that a wild puma? Did I remember to turn off the coffee maker and let the children out of their cages? Never mind then, they'll be fine with the dog and the cattle....hopefully they'll have the butter churned by the time we return" and Pa is like, "Ma....just check me out, I am one strapping prairie man....I can slay beasts, drive a wagon AND speaking of butter churning, did you let the children out of their cages?"

Wow, now this is what I want to be like when I grow up. Check out those biceps from manual labor. Dead sexy. And since we're laying on the sarcasm and cynicism pretty darn thick......

...and my personal favorite.....

I need to get myself some gloves that like.
Okay, so I'll explain the source of my laughter this morning and the reason for these amazingly wonderful Anne Taintor photos accompanied by shots from Little House on the Prairie. Sooooooo I made the comment, " blah blah blah...it's okay, I won't be going anywhere today anyways..." Because this is day three of not leaving the house....wait, I take that back, I went to bible study on Monday night. Anyways, I get the reply of the century from my husband whom I love dearly but sometimes just doesn't get that confinement with small children is enough to drive a woman crazy.
"Little House on the Prairie women never went anywhere...."
Great, now my husband is comparing me to a dress wearing, butter churning, bonnet sewing housewife. Okay, don't get me wrong...I LOVE MY JOB (the stay at home mama and housewife...really!!!!) but bonnet wearing bun sporting woman I am not. Either way, it made me laugh and he does bring up a good point....the never did go anywhere did they? Heck, I'd be perfectly fine with an outing to the local gas station at this point!!! Oh well, many laughs were had and I still love him, sarcasm and all.
Now, I must get back to my sock darning......

2 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

Of course prairie women went places, they had like quilting bees and crap like that...Also, the entire reason Stay at Home Moms try to stay so busy is because of being stuck in their mud huts during prairie days. What Lonnie needs is a good dose of women's lib, eh?
:-)

Jill Kapfer said...

I can't believe he said that...that's hilarious. I doubt Zach has ever heard of Little House on the Prairie.