Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ordinary Day

Okay, so obviously I'm trying to avoid the enormous pile of laundry staring me in the face...this is far more entertaining. I found this on my facebook and thought it might be interesting.....

Rules:
1. Put your iPod on shuffle. (or your itunes if you're ghetto like me and don't have one)
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag *at least* 10 friends (or three if you don't have any....) who might enjoy doing this as well as the person you stole it from.
5. Keep in mind this was given to young adults (not happily married stay at home moms :) although some of these are pretty amusing! I've added my commentary in red.

1) IF SOMEONE ASKS, "IS THIS OKAY?", YOU SAY? The Baby-Blake Shelton (of course the baby....that's my answer for anything now.....must be subconscious)

2) WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Everything You Want-Vertical Horizon (Exactly, I'm a rock star)

3) WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? You Center Me-Robin Thicke (or your husband! How true, he does center me...especially when he sits on me)

4) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE? Five Little Frogs-Raffi (if this is any indication of children, I'm crying now)

5) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? I Vow to Thee My Country-Holst (very true, I love my country...not the current pres. elect, but I still love my country)

6) WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Lullaby-Brahms (I didn't think I was that boring, but whatever)

7) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? You Said-Shane Barnard (well I hope what you said was nice)

8) WHAT IS 2+2? Overture to Colas Brugnon (dude, math was never my strong point)

9) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Runaway Meadow-Thomas Newman (exactly)

10) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE (or perhaps your husband)? Glad-Tyler Hilton (right on once again)

11) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Show Me Your Glory-Third Day (I hope this can be my life story someday, but not my glory of course)

12) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Youthless-Beck (Hey, it's better than toothless!)

13) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE A PERSON YOU LIKE (or your husband perhaps)? Better is One Day-Passion (Better is one day...especially when you bring home pizza for dinner!)

14) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Nothing Better To Do-LeeAnn Rimes (great, thanks mom....)

15) WHAT DID YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? El Verano-Vivaldi (No hablo espanol, but we can dance)

16) WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Why Did You Mess With Forever-John Mayer (Yup, dead is pretty much forever....)

17) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Audience of One-Big Daddy Weave (or two....little boys that is)

18) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Riverdance-Dueling Violins (dang it, my secret is out...no more late night Lord of the Dance parties on the kitchen table)

19) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Give Me Your Eyes-Brandon Heath (yea, give me your eyes so you can't make fun of my wicked dance skills)

20) WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN? If I never see your face again-Maroon Five (If I never see your face again...Patrick Dempsy..um, I mean Lonnie)

21) HOW WILL YOU DIE? Walking Away-Craig David (Gosh I hope not, is this a bad western or something?)

22) WHAT IS ONE THING YOU REGRET? Taking Chances-Celine Dion (not at all....more regretful is the fact I have Celine Dion songs on my computer)

23) WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH? Lost-Coldplay (pretty much because I can't find my way out of a paper bag)

24) WHAT MAKES YOU CRY? Bone Up-Bonerama (ummmm, I think I'll leave this one alone...by the way, it's a Trombone group!!!)

25) WHAT IS YOUR MARRIAGE LIKE? Puff The Magic Dragon-Peter, Paul and Mary (Just say NO to drugs, seriously)

26) WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST? Steal My Kisses-Ben Harper (especially when it's the dog.....nothing like a unsuspecting wet sloppy kiss to the mouth)

27) DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU? Bonified Lovin-Chromeo (Heck yea...apparently it's bonified...and why the heck do I have so many songs with the word bone in them!!)

28) IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE? This is Me-Demi Lavato (This is me, what you see is what you get)

29) WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW? More Where that came from-Dolly Parton (well, considering the fact that the sidewalk is covered in ice...I'm fairly certain there will be plenty more wiping out on the hiney...because that's what hurts!)

30) WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS? Ordinary Day-Vanessa Carleton (story of my life)

Okay, I'm tagging whomever wants to avoid doing housework, laundry or simply wants to ignore their children for a few minute while they fill out this amusing little survey....go go go!

3 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

Um, my dirty little secret is that I LOVE Riverdance. Must be the Irish in me, and there's lots of Irish in me (John is Irish). Anyways, bad joke aside, when I have a few beverages, I like to pretend I'm Michael Flatley and the Lord of the Dance. I am most amusing.

You'd love me. Really!

Andrea G. said...

You crack me up! You are so creative and funny!

the Broffitts said...

I thought 18 was pretty funny...until I read 24. Am I a bad mother if I bought Sylvia the book Puff the Magic Dragon for her birthday? I would participate but I don't even have itunes let alone an ipod.