Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Ugly Angel


Shield your eyes!

I know, I know...there is no such thing as an ugly angel.

I beg to differ.
Let me introduce you to Flo. You may need to sit down for this, she strikes fear into the hearts of children upon first glance. She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Homely...now there's a great word to describe Flo. Now that I think about it, she's not THAT ugly, she's just having a real bad hair day (story of my life) I think she over processed a little back in angel school...trust me Flo, we've all been there. At least she's praying...she needs all the prayers she can get with hair like that. I'm also thinking Flo needs a new color..that putrid goldish color isn't working for you. Okay, so here's the story behind Flo. She belonged to my mom and dad and was on our Christmas tree as long as I can remember. My mother hated her with a vengeance. She would try to hide Flo all over the house, but much to her dismay....my dad and I would always find her. My mom finally bought a fancy smancy star for atop the tree and I think there were tears shed over the replacement of Flo. So every Christmas, my mom would proudly place her horrid foofy star on the tree and my dad and I would sneak over and replace it with Flo. She got so mad!!! It was hilarious. So Flo has been lovingly passed on to better hands. She now sits on top of our tree, and proudly I may add. Baylor yells this morning, "MOM! Where is the ugly angel!! She needs to go on top of the tree!" So there she sits....ugliness and all.
Now for sad story number two. These are Lonnie's glasses...well, what's left of them. They have been through two toddlers and been saved from the jaws of a dog (twice). Now Lonnie is mighty blind without them, so at night when he takes his contacts out he fumbles about like well...a blind man. I like to dash in font of him and freak him out...throw off his balance a little :) Just kidding. The poor man has been missing his glasses for about two years and has sacrificed a new pair for....ummm, well groceries, medical bills and the heating bill. (yes, this is a sad attempt for you to feel sorry for him :) The goal is to save up enough to get him a new pair...he said he wants the kind that Drew Carey has (you know, the really really thick ones that are virtually indestructible) So next time you see Lonnie, ask him why he doesn't wear his glasses.
...and for your final viewing pleasure....Brody waiting for his daddy to come home last night....so sweet...peering out the window....um, nekkid of course! (that is why I love the "crop" option of the photo edit software) Luckily the neighbors were gone.

5 comments:

The Kac's said...

I think this angel's cousin lives at my grandma's house :)
I've seen a few blogs recommend this site for cheap eyeglasses: http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php
I only wear my glasses at night (and I'm totally blind without them too!) and this seems like a good deal for glasses when you don't wear them that often. If you try it out, let me know.

Crazy Mom said...

I'm sending you a new angel. I'm with your mom on that one. It's like the possessed Charlie Brown Wanna be angel....

:-)

Kim said...

What is she wearing? Is that a bad 80s prom dress? At least the boys can't hurt her. :)

Janice said...

Man that angel is bad, We had a similar one, only she had good hair (think Barbara Mandrel) my dad wont let anyone have her though, it was from his childhood.
I'm right there with Lonnie when the contacts come out, there is little vision, BUT I have glasses to put on. Check out vision for less in CR, I hear that they are pretty good priced, gonna need to take Chris there, his fell victim to a toddler and are somewhat of kilter.

Jill Kapfer said...

Abbie was looking at these pictures with me and she kept asking what the monkey's name was...I think she was referring to the angel...