Friday, January 23, 2009

I would hate to get attacked by this...

Me: Baylor, what is that dinosaur over there?

Baylor: It's a CRAPASAURUS

Me: Wow (trying not to wet myself because he was completely serious) that's a great name, what about that one? (pointing to another dino)

Baylor: That's a CRUDASAURUS

Where does he come up with this stuff?

So I got to spend the morning with a dear friend, my old neighbor from when I was growing up. She made us breakfast and coffee and it was awesome. Baylor contently played with his crapasauras as Brody licked her windows and attacked her dog, what's new. She bought me Valentine Socks for my birthday. They rock. I have them on now. They make me feel Valentiney. She is super crafty as well and always inspires me to do more projects (which can be mighty dangerous) when I leave. So my new project is painting the kitchen walls. They are currently a boring yellowish creamish color. I love color (just come to my house) and I don't want to be boring. I live in my kitchen so it has to be a color that makes me happy. My dilemma is that I have cobalt blue tiles on the back splash and the counters are this blueish grayish purplish (believe me, I didn't pick them) Soooooooo I need some ideas. I love everything retro too and funky. Kitchens should be a fun place to eat and hang out in, not stuffy and the same as everyone elses. Bring on the funk. Is that a song? I think it is. Anyways, I need a little help here...so your suggestions would be lovely. Here are some photos to get your creative juices flowing....






Oh yea, my kitchen is ALWAYS this clean...... :)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I would like to suggest either orange, purple, or a bright yellow.

Sharon said...

keri! i love ur white cupboards. wish mine were. well, i would say the color of green that you saw on my lamp and or an aqua blue would look sweet with the cobalt blue and white. seriously. find a piece of pottery or a picture to bring the colors together and then incorporate other colors as accents from that piece. let me know what you decide.

Janice said...

If you'd like I could go dig in the storage area for my color wheel and books from college...:) Seriously though, I would go with what I emailed you, orange or orangy-yellow. Those with look pretty good with the blue canning jars. And that cabinet you have by your table. Or maybe red, then you would have a sweet Cubs kitchen! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha