Friday, January 30, 2009

Never fear...we're alive...barely!

I've received some concern for our well being because the blog has not been updated.....two words.

STOMACH FLU.

(which technically isn't the flu, it's a Gastrointestinal virus, but either way...it sucked)

Baylor: Friday
Lonnie and Brody: Tuesday
Keri: Wednesday.

I have never cleaned up so much puke and poop from sheets, walls and myself...ever ever ever. I never ever ever want to do it again. I suppose this comes with the territory though huh? Brody is still throwing up any solid food...crackers, red Gatorade (not cool on the carpet) toast...and is not recovering as quickly as we'd like, so keep him in your prayers.

Thanks to my wonderful friends who brought us soups and pedialyte and Popsicles...you guys rock. I could tell you cared by the fear on your faces when you stepped on the porch, dropped the goodies off and then ran like your pants were on fire....don't worry, you can't catch it from our porch. No really, we REALLY REALLY appreciate all the care we've received.

So in the spirit of the movie The Devil Wears Prada, "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight." I lost 8lbs with the worst diet I've ever been on.

Blech.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad to hear you guys are on the mend. You know, that quote ran through my head when I heard how sick you were. On the bright side, that probably buys you a week or so of eating cookies for every meal and still breaking even.

Sharon said...

8 lbs!!! no way. did you run in place while you puked?! i think maybe i need to be exposed to your dreadful diet.