Thursday, March 12, 2009

The curse of the Pee Pee


Baylor is now at the inquisitive age of asking why and how and what the heck to almost anything. Unfortunately that means at bath time, sans clothes, the questions about little boy and little girl parts come flying. I'm usually unprepared for the onslaught of penis questions because they come at the most random time. Like yesterday.

Baylor: Mom, why don't you want a penis?
Me: ...................huh?
Baylor: Did God not give you a penis?
Me: Yes, that's right. I am a girl, I don't have a penis. You and Brody are boys, you have a penises...(or is it peni? Penisisisisis? I'll never know)
Baylor: But you want a penis don't you?
Me: (in my head) Well, you know I've always wanted to be able to pee standing up...wait...stop, this thought process is very wrong. (out loud) No Baylor, I'm a girl. I like the way God made me (except for that extra junk in the trunk)
Baylor: Brody's penis likes to hide.
Me: (trying not to laugh hysterically) Ummm, yes sometimes it does. Hand me that shampoo. (trying desperately to change the subject)

I'm pretty sure that boys will be obsessed with their man parts as long as they are alive. I guess the obsession has already started with mine. Grreeeeeaaaaaat.

So today I get a new camera. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Thanks for all the help yesterday with the computer questions, you guys and gals rock. Lonnie is also gone until Saturday night, so prayers for sanity and survival are much appreciated.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

hahah, I have had a lot of penis questions in my life.

AnE said...

oh god,.......im not ready for this...

Stacy said...

Your accompanying picture is far too familiar a scene at our house! Far too familiar. I've had to put restrictions on outdoor grass-wetting because Tru was taking care of business as soon as he got off the bus. Oh, dear.