Monday, March 23, 2009

Give a kid a bag...


Give a kid a brown paper bag and you'll have hours...okay, maybe ten minutes tops...of entertainment. Give Brody a bag...and he will rip it up in the time it takes you to say, "belly button lint." Mister destructo. It did however, make for a grand photo. I love it.

I was very blessed this weekend. First of all, a friend decided that they didn't want their iPod touch (it came with their ibook) and gave it to me. It is amazing. I still can't figure out some of the buttons, but I'm working on it. I did make an iPod cover though (still working on the stitching!) out of high quality wool felt that Diane let me have. Here it is. I'm going to have to get me some more of this felt, because it's awesome. It's nothing like the stuff they sell at Wally world or craft stores. I want to try to make some booties for a new baby next. You know...in my spare time....*sigh* ( "a new baby" meaning...someone else's....not mine!)

So Lonnie and I had a date on Saturday night that was very very much needed. He heads out again this week for Memphis with the track team, leaving me until Sunday night..boo. We used our Chili's gift card, enjoyed some boneless buffalo wings, watched some NCAA bball and then went to the local mall and wandered aimlessly without a plan. He stood in the Barnes and Noble sports section while I checked out the art books. We listened to screaming whining children in the play area and were very thankful that my mom had volunteered to watch ours. We got to have a full conversation without being interrupted by flying objects or yelling toddlers. It was great.

Spring weather in Iowa is always unpredictable. For example, today it's 60 and raining off and on and by Friday we're supposed to get snow. (that word..SNOW.....it's a dirty word in our house) All of this spring fever has gotten me ready for garage sales (how I supply my children's wardrobes) I'm fairly certain Baylor grew overnight because nothing fits anymore. I made him try on shorts last night and he's definitely in a 4T. So I'm on the look out for Boys 4T/5T clothing (summer, fall and winter) and a few 24 month/2T things for Brody (poor kid just gets hand me downs) Other than windows for my art projects, I really don't have anything on my "need" list, but I'm sure I'll find a lot on my want list. I am going to try to build a large sandbox for the boys...far far far away from the door. I am a self proclaimed sand hater. I hate sand. It gets into crevices and is always finds it's way into my house. I filled their little turtle up last year with rocks....that is how much I hate sand. I figure that if the sand box is far far far away, they have to walk through the grass and hopefully most of the sand will fall off. I also know how much they love digging and sand. So here is what I want it to look like.......

...but it will probably look nothing like this. I just need to find me some cheap sand, treated lumber and time now. So this and a picnic table are two of the projects when warmer weather arrives.

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

I have been on the look out for a cheap sandbox too! I just swept all the sand up for the street and have it on the driveway for David and he is seriously playing in it for hours! However, I think a box away from the road a little more might be a good idea :) Trying to figure out what trucks will become outdoor trucks and not bring the sand back in to my house is the dilemma right now! Right now he wants the same trucks everywhere, but I agree sand is not for inside!

Janice said...

If anyone wants a smaller tractor tire for a sandbox, I have one that needs a home. Love the sandbox pic! oh, always check the pockets, I dont know how many times i've picked up a pair of pants for a whole handful of sand to fall out. Chris will sometimes take the aircompressor hose to the kds to blow the sand off

Jordan and Malcolm Granado said...

Keri, have you ever heard of Freecycle? It is a Yahoo group and you can request things you want/need and if someone has it they give it to you, all for free. I've gotten some good things. People also post things they are getting rid of that you can get. Did I mention all for FREE!!