Saturday, March 28, 2009

Make it stop...

...puuuuuhllleeeeaaase?

I have a true and heartfelt appreciation for single moms, military moms or wives whose husbands travel a lot more than mine. I feel your pain (obviously mine is nothing compared to a year deployment in Iraq) especially if you have two very cranky, whiney and snot covered children. It's like cruel and unusual punishment. Whatever this nasty virus is, the fevers last about five days, so brace yourself.

I think I can only handle a teenie tiny bit more of this until my head implodes or I run screaming out the back door. I have peed three times with Brody on my lap, washed dishes one handed and had to take a bath this morning instead of a nice hot shower...with two little snot buckets in the tub with me. Yes, I realize that they are sick and who doesn't want to be loved on and hugged and taken care of when you're sick. I know I do. The only problem is that if I hear ,"mama" in the high pitched tone which only mothers and certain breeds of dogs can understand, I might lose it.

I LOVE MY CHILDREN.
I LOVE TAKING CARE OF MY CHILDREN.
I HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF MY CHILDREN....ALONE.
(just thought I'd clarify)
I AM A PRISONER IN MY OWN HOUSE
(did I say that out loud?)
FUEL TANK SAYS EMPTY.

Deep breath in.....and exhale. I swear I've gained ten pounds this week because the only exercise I've gotten is moving my hand to my mouth full of something unhealthy. I am a comfort eater by nature....when I get stressed I either quit eating all together or shove every piece of chocolate, ice cream or chips and salsa in my pie hole. It's usually the later. Speaking of unhealthy, I'm thinking of taking them to McDonald's tonight simply because they have a DRIVE THROUGH and the risk of cross contamination is very low. Might as well top off the ten pounds with some fries. C'mon, what's another 875 calories?
Cheers!

1 comment:

Crazy Mom said...

Don't you have any booze in the house to dull the shrill call of "Mama?". Invest.