Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday's Musings

So I've been sitting here staring at this blog post screen for about an hour. Trying to think of something funny or witty to say and then I change my mind. Then I think of a story that happened with the boys and before I can get my fingers to work with my brain, I forget. I have an artist mind so it's going going going all the little things from the day, art ideas, dinner plans, project thoughts, how annoyed I am with certain things, what I should wear tomorrow (I really don't contemplate this, I was just using it as an example) what I have to do tomorrow, how I need to switch my ab workout up a little or a new song I heard on the radio...all at once. I have never quite mastered the art of, "being still" so if anyone knows the secret, I'm all ears. I feel like my brain is full of smush right now. So much going on inside and out. Do moms get to take a mental health day?

I need a mental health day.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Actually, I do know the secret...you must be male. Philip's favorite game is to ask me "What are you thinking?" because I usually have at least 3 answers. When I ask him I frequently get "nothing really" and I'm pretty sure he's being honest.

Janice said...

ha ha, I think Kim is 100% correct