Thursday, March 5, 2009

Share your toys not your germs

Thanks for sharing your germs boys. My yearly cold (which always tends to knock me down and out) has done just that. I swear I have something more than a cold because I feel like a Mack truck just backed over me. I woke up last night with a fever (third day in a row and chills) My money is on influenza A on top of a cold, but I'm not doc. Got to love viruses, and according to the laws of nature my husband always happens to be out of town when either the boys or I are sick. Okay, I'll quit complaining, it could be worse. It could be puke...and boy and I thankful it's not puke.

The weather is amazing here today. It's about 65 right now and we played outside...actually I locked the boys outside all morning. Baylor turned into monkey man and climbed very high in our lilac bush. I wanted to see if he could get himself down, but he refused to come down and probably would have stayed up there until dinner. Brody could play outside all day without a care in the world. He splashed, dug, flung, and rolled around in the mud. I can't wait until summer when I can spray them both down before entering the house. It's good to be outside again!

On a sad note, our dog Chloe isn't doing too hot. To spare you the gruesome details, she's been bleeding from her lady parts all night and throughout the day. She also seems to be losing control of her urine. She is not spayed and she is only 6. The vet said they will probably have to spay her but it's a high risk surgery. It's also a surgery we cannot afford (that's why we have yet to spay both dogs!) I would hate to have to put her down if we can't afford a cure for whatever is ailing her. It's not a decision I take lightly, in fact it's tearing me up. I love my dogs, but our family comes first. I don't want her to suffer either. I'm taking her in this afternoon to see what they have to say.

1 comment:

Jill Kapfer said...

He climbed a lilac bush? Did you take a picture?