Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't rain on my parade

We (me and the brass band) spent the entire day in Prophetstown, Illinois for their sesquicentennial (say that fifteen times fast) celebration. The fun began at 6:30 am when a certain little boy gets in my face to share the news that he had, "STAYED IN BED!!!" Then dropped the midgets off at my parents house (bless their souls) and headed for the charter bus full of crazy brass band nerds like myself. They taught me how to text message (shhhh don't tell Lonnie) and make strange noises with soda cans. We drove about an hour and a half through a whole lot of nothing and ended up in the center of town only to be loaded on a flatbed semi to play in the parade. I was one of the lucky few that didn't have to ride because there wasn't enough room and I needed to save my chops (or at least I'd like to think that's why) We then played a concert in which my grandparents got to hear because they only live 15 minutes away (or 7 if Grandpa is driving) It was great fun and I am so thankful for my parents for enduring many hours with two kids so I could play. Go ahead and crack your band jokes now......
Here is a photo of last night from the Cornell concert.....look...a dress....shocking, I know.
No black dress would be complete without a super-de-duper cheesy smile. Please refrain from making comments about the translucency of my pale pale skin.
That concert went well too by the way. Two down, one to go!
Dude....mom...what are you doing? Can't you see that I'm busy here with my pile of earth worms on your table?
Would you like to touch my worms mom?
Um, I'll pass. Thanks anyways.

No comments: