Friday, April 10, 2009

Holy trantrums Batman!

I couldn't figure out why I was so exhausted this morning after my usual three cups of coffee and then I realized that I had spent the majority of the morning disciplining Baylor. Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed and has pretty much stayed on that side ALL DAY LONG. Senor Grumpypants has taken all of my energy and I have even contemplated having him take a very long vacation in his room. Sometimes I need a time out so I can get away from the whining.

We had company for lunch and we're having company for dinner so this is probably why the sour behavior. I think kids can sense when we want them on their best behavior AND do their darndest to not act in a pleasing way. I thought having them play outside for long periods of time would be a great way to release the grump but it only lead to, "lets find every object that is sharp and painful and use it as a weapon against your brother." I did not find that amusing and neither did Brody. One bleeding cheek and bruised leg later......I finally had to stick a Veggie Tales DVD in and walk away for fear of imploding. I'm hoping I can use the "oh, he's tired" excuse but I don't know if that will fly. He needs a swift kick in the hiney from the man of the house (no, we don't kick our children..it's a joke!)

But Brody seems to make me smile no matter what kind of mood I am in (even though he is a whiney pants too!) He let this big ole man fart out and giggled, turned to me and said, "ooooohhh, I toooooooted mom!" Typical male. Nothing like passing gas to amuse.

Cornell is having a home meet tomorrow and it's supposed to be nice out. I'm thrilled because it's going to be sunny AND Lonnie is close to home! So if you're in the mood for a good track meet, head over to the track. The running events start at 10.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Ha ha, Elliott has starting laughing when he farts too.