Monday, April 20, 2009

Love is not irritable....

...but I seem to be 89.4% of the time...hmmmmmm. My reactions sometimes resemble a locked and loaded semi automatic weapon. I am not so proud of that either. The disco song, "freak out" also comes to mind. Now, I'm not saying I'm a freak....lets say high strung for lack of better words.
If you are walking under the influence of love, you will be a joy not a jerk. Ask yourself, "am I a calming breeze or a storm waiting to happen?"
I do believe the next hurricane will be named after me....hurricane Keri. Jeepers. There are two main causes of irritable behavior and those are stress and selfishness, both of which I am fairly certain I posses. Stress drains your energy and makes you become overworked and cranky (check!) and selfishness, where do I begin? Okay, selfishness is the heart of the problem.
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:34
This verse always kicks me in the gut because I know that when I get angry, the words that fly out of my mouth are usually whats really in my heart and it scares me (as well as the person that they are aimed at that rhymes with Bonnie and starts with and L) When love enters your heart, it calms you down...it's that calming breeze rather than raging storm. So the goal this week (or the love dare for day six) is to respond to your spouse with patience and encouragement rather than anger and exasperation. I also tend to take everything very personal (must be a woman thing) no matter who or what or where or when. I guess this is a good goal for all areas of my life.
p.s the stinkin spell check wasn't working so I apologize for any words that were butchered in the writing of this post.

No comments: