Friday, April 17, 2009

My thwip thew thee dwentwist

Translation; My trip to the dentist (with very numbed lips and face) Nothing says good morning like an early trip to the dentist to have four, count em, four cavities drilled out. Yesterday started out with Novocaine injected drool fest. I did however, get to sit still for an hour, which is a record. My favorite part was when they stick cotton, a suction thingy, and their hands in your mouth....and then ask you a question. Seriously. Do you really want me to answer? I had ask the dentist if I would still be numb by the afternoon because I had about three and a half hours of cornet/trumpet playing to do that afternoon. So he decided that the appropriate time to ask me, "what bands do you play with?" was when he had all of the above in my mouth. After my answer he just smiled and nodded in confusion. I go back for three more cavities to be drilled and the most painful thing is the bill that will follow without dental insurance. We could probably buy Lonnie a used car with the amount that I have racked up in my mouth. That is what you get for postponing dental visits for three years....that and genetics. Good thing my art is selling or you might see my kidney on eBay tomorrow.

I think spring has finally decided to show up. It has been almost 70 the past few days (thus the lack of posting) and we have been outside playing, scooping doggie bombs and eating ladybugs. Unfortunately the boys decided to boycott sleep the past few nights too and I am so exhausted. Baylor has made it a very very bad habit to join whoever is sleeping in the big bed at three in the morning and Brody just cries about three times a night. I wish I could blame something like an ear infection or teeth but I just can't seem to find anything. I even laid the spankin spoon in the hallway last night to scare the bejeebies out of Baylor and it failed miserably. It failed because the person on the other end of the spanking (that would be me) was so tired she could barely open one eyelid to see what midget was climbing into bed with her. I'm not sure what it is with my kids and sleep, but it needs to be resolved.

I'm playing with the Cornell band tonight if you are all bored and want something to do. The concert starts at 7:30 in King Chapel and it's free. Woo hoo. I also get to wear a dress and I'm totally stoked. It's not that often that I get to change out of my snot encrusted jeans into something more ladylike! I intend to take full advantage of this.

Have a marvelous weekend!

No comments: