Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A new form of birth control

...and his name is Brody.
Seriously, this kid is going to be the death of me. I am desperately wanting to blame something....teeth? Maybe. Ear infection? No fever but a whole heck of a lot of snot. Puberty? A tad on the young side. PMS? Unless that stands for Pushing Mother's Sanity...then no. It has been a morning full of tantrums, high pitched screaming (which I contribute 89% of my hearing loss to) more whining, dramatic throwing of oneself on the floor and then rolling around and then a little bit more whining. He's pushed me over the edge....enough over the edge to eat a square of baking chocolate because I needed sugar so badly and there is nothing of the sort in the house right now. Sad, I know. (but inside I know you're giggling because you've done it too!) He also dumped an entire bottle of scented massage oil (more on that later) all over the mattress, pillows, floor and blankets. Ironically it was called, "stress relieving" massage oil. There went my stress relief.....
I can't take him anywhere in public because he does one or all of the following:
1. Refuses to or climbs out of the shopping cart
2. Grabs anything he can get his little hands on and shoves it in the cart (that's how I ended up with Just for Men, Macaroni noodles and a Lightening McQueen plate in my cart the other day!)
3. High pitched scream that dogs have been known to respond to
4. Fit throwing.....and you though girls were dramatic!! This kid better be an actor.
5. Defiance (yes, he's only 21 months but he certainly knows!)
6. His attention span is that of a puppy that just drank an espresso
7. Flirt. Yes, flirt. He flirts with girls of all ages. We're going to have a talk about this later.
I can't tell you how glad I am that nap time is finally here. If it weren't 2pm, I'd be drinking wine right now.

So about that massage oil. If you read yesterdays post about doing something that was unexpected that is what we both chose.....except for it was expected...just out of the ordinary. We dusted off this bottle of massage oil and I gave him a back rub and he rubbed my feet because I had just went running (talk about sacrifice!) We both kind of punked out on this dare, but hope to do something truly unexpected, thoughtful and maybe on the wild side later. Speaking of wild side....some of your comments...holy cow people, you are juicy. Thanks for the ideas though, I will store them in my memory bank.

So this weekend is Chalk the Walk. I've done it the past few years and decided that I needed to do it with someone else. So Diane and I are going to do a 12x12 square this year....and...uh, we still have no idea what we're doing. We wanted to do something original and obviously we like to fly by the seat of our pants when it comes to planning this out. I did a dinosaur on a tractor (as suggested by a certain three year old last year) and it turned out okay. I wasn't happy with it, but then again, I'm never happy with my artwork. So whatever we choose, I'm sure it will rock because Diane is an awesome artist...and we get to spend almost two days without children for more than an hour at a time!! Kim might even sneak in and help too, if we can drag her away from garage saling! It's a great festival and you should really check it out. You can even chalk a 2x2 square, which is part of the huge work in the middle (Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are) It's free too....what more could you want!

2 comments:

Andrea G. said...

In Mt. Vernon? We would love to come! What time too?

Janice said...

you know what I d when Elliott hrows a big fit? I get out the camera, he ususally cheeses for it and forgets he was throwing a fit! ha ha, wonder how long THAT will work. I plan on bringing the kiddos over to chalk the walk, I have never been and would like it. Not sure if I will be able to get Jeni since it is prom that night, but we will see.